Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

So my girlfriend has been telling me for a month "what do you want for your birthday?!" and with it coming up in less than a month i guess i had better decide.
It was between a tuner "Trinity" and the Speedlogix 4 point Braces, front and rear... well i made the choice to go the Brace route.

Im hoping to upgrade my challenger in the coming 6 months [no idea when so before 6 months i hope] and the colour choice is still up in the air as it depends on whats available/matches my preference.. [No SunRoof, 6 Speed, R/T or SRT]
Colours are GWE, HemiOrange, Black. I currently drive a 2011 Black SXT..anyways I'm getting off topic sort of..

I have yet to decide what colour to go with... I know the braces can be swapped from car to car easily so that is no concern [just take it from the '11 SXT and put it on the '10 SRT,RT or '11 RT.]

I want it to stand out from all the black in the bay..because if you got it why not flaunt it? However...what route would look best/be best for possible down the line paint change on these? I don't want to spend a ton of money swapping it from Black wrinkle to Hemi orange or GWE down the line..and i sure as hell don't want black wrinkle and it not be changeable easy..

Im stuck between just gloss black [just cause I'm thinking easy of changing and shiny-ness "OHHH SHINY"] and Silver Metallic to stand out from everything and look good on my '11 SXT but also give me the chance to easily change it down the line...

What do you folks think?

A) Black Wrinkle just to save the $40 per bar and repaint colour match down the line? [dont know how easy it is to change this paint..black wrinkle gives me the idea of powder coating]

B) Gloss Black, spend the $40 blend for now [ change colour down the line]

c) Silver Metallic, spend the $40, have it stand out right off the bat on black and maybe future black, and if not black then repaint down the line to colour match the future car?

Normally I'm good with figuring out this stuff but I'm stuck on this one lol

Thanks,

Shifty

·
Registered
558 Posts
For the $40 i'd go with the silver, it will stand out, and might go well with a different colored car too. I ordered wrinkle black and should've popped for the silver for $40 as its pretty invisible under the hood. I'm thinking about pulling it and repainting it myself this summer.

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the $40 i'd go with the silver, it will stand out, and might go well with a different colored car too. I ordered wrinkle black and should've popped for the silver for $40 as its pretty invisible under the hood. I'm thinking about pulling it and repainting it myself this summer.
That was my thought about it, but I'm just not sold on it quite yet..Not sure..

Shifty

1 - 3 of 3 Posts