Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called my dealer today to inquire on my order - bad news.
No Black Challenger for me, they are switching all B. Black orders to Tungsten Metallic Clearcoat. I will not be taking it, however
Dam.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
No Black Challenger for me, they are switching all B. Black orders to Tungsten Metallic Clearcoat. I will not be taking it, however
Dam.

Wow, that really sucks. Sounds like a B.B. 2011 is going to be a rare car to see.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Don't know if this is of any help...

Dam.
But I've been thinking about this since I first saw your post this morning and I know it would KILL me not to get the car I was counting on. These may be really stupid suggestions but I'd be willing to try anything if I were in your position.

Do you think you could get the car with just primer (at a reduced price, of course, since they don't have to finish the paint job) and then take it to a GOOD body shop to have it painted the exact color you want?

Or...

Take the car in the color they send it and work with the dealer to have it redone at a (again, very GOOD) body shop at the dealer's expense, just so they can save the deal? I know this can be very expensive but you're not talking about a minor purchase.

Also, have they checked with other dealers (even those quite a distance from you) to see if there are any black ones on their lots that have at least most of the options you're looking for? Maybe they would absorb the extra freight since this is definately not your fault.

My husband just purchased a "loaded" 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland in Inferno Red and the local dealer didn't have one but to save the wait for an order, they found him one several hundred miles away with all the options he was looking for. However, it did cost him extra to transport it, since it was his decision not to wait.

I don't know if this will help but good luck, anyway! :) Genie

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response,
Right now the salesman is looking at getting another black sxt somewhere close - they do seem pretty rare however. He said he does have a lead on one and will know by tomorrow if he can get it or not.
I defiantly do not think the dealer would be interested in painting the car for me - according to them they make very little money on base challengers. They are not "canceling" my order - they are bringing the car in to sell on their lot as they need the stock.
Thanks again, hopefully I will land a challenger tomorrow! The one the dealer was looking at was already built and everything.
Richard

But I've been thinking about this since I first saw your post this morning and I know it would KILL me not to get the car I was counting on. These may be really stupid suggestions but I'd be willing to try anything if I were in your position.

Do you think you could get the car with just primer (at a reduced price, of course, since they don't have to finish the paint job) and then take it to a GOOD body shop to have it painted the exact color you want?

Or...

Take the car in the color they send it and work with the dealer to have it redone at a (again, very GOOD) body shop at the dealer's expense, just so they can save the deal? I know this can be very expensive but you're not talking about a minor purchase.

Also, have they checked with other dealers (even those quite a distance from you) to see if there are any black ones on their lots that have at least most of the options you're looking for? Maybe they would absorb the extra freight since this is definately not your fault.

My husband just purchased a "loaded" 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland in Inferno Red and the local dealer didn't have one but to save the wait for an order, they found him one several hundred miles away with all the options he was looking for. However, it did cost him extra to transport it, since it was his decision not to wait.

I don't know if this will help but good luck, anyway! :) Genie

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ya Ford has stopped making Black and red cars right now as well - the pigment used to come from Japan - but doesn't right now.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Anxious to know...

Thanks for the response,
Right now the salesman is looking at getting another black sxt somewhere close - they do seem pretty rare however. He said he does have a lead on one and will know by tomorrow if he can get it or not.
I defiantly do not think the dealer would be interested in painting the car for me - according to them they make very little money on base challengers. They are not "canceling" my order - they are bringing the car in to sell on their lot as they need the stock.
Thanks again, hopefully I will land a challenger tomorrow! The one the dealer was looking at was already built and everything.
Richard
Did you get the black Challenger? I'd love to know how it turned out. :) Genie

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys,
My dealer said I have one for sure.
Only down side is that I had to pay an extra 750$ in shipping fees as it is coming from a fairly remote part of Canada.
Should be here in 7-10 business days.
It is exactly the same as the car I ordered as well - B. Black SXT, cloth seats with the Mopar Interior Appearance Group.
Can not wait.
Richard

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Congratulations!

Hey guys,
My dealer said I have one for sure.
Only down side is that I had to pay an extra 750$ in shipping fees as it is coming from a fairly remote part of Canada.
Should be here in 7-10 business days.
It is exactly the same as the car I ordered as well - B. Black SXT, cloth seats with the Mopar Interior Appearance Group.
Can not wait.
Richard
I'm so glad to hear it! It will be worth the extra $750.00 to get the car exactly as you wanted it. Good luck! :) Genie

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
glad to hear it worked out for you Rich

·
Registered
137 Posts
Congrats! Glad you got it!

As a Canuck though, I gotta wonder what "remote" part of Canada it's coming from! LOL! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts