Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
got everything bolted down, took a few trips around town to get some heat cycles in and going to retorque everything if this rain ever quits.
IMG_1474.JPG

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
177 Posts
Pictures

here they are, if I missed something just ask. I had to shrink them down to half size because they were too big to post, sorry.
Look pretty good. Did you run them w/ Kooks mids? How are they holding up?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Look pretty good. Did you run them w/ Kooks mids? How are they holding up?
pretty good, I haven't been driving the car much but I can tell a pretty big difference between the stock log style manifolds and the longtubes. I only have header extensions on it right now as I've been busy with other projects and some life issues but plan on resuming work on it later this month

·
Super Moderator
15,092 Posts
Merry Christmas you crazy animals. I can't believe this thread is this old and 4 cars later. I just got the headers on yesterday, fit is great, have to go back and loosen up the passenger side, I left out the last bolt for the dipstick tube and found the flange shifted. if you have small flexible hands there is no need to remove anything. I did remove the air filter box and tube, middle coil packs on both sides. passenger side is truly miserable though, I don't know why but you don't have nearly as much room as the drivers side.
(for future readers' reference) vehicles with longitudinal (North - South) engine layouts - they engine is offset from center line to clear the steering column. that's why the clearance of the engine to the inner aprons is tighter on passenger (right) vs. driver (left) side for a LHD layout

If you ever saw the air cleaner base plate on any Air Grabber / Ramcharger or 6 pack or 426 Hemi applications - you'll see the carb openings are not centered - they are offset.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts