Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the average shift points for a 270 cam and headers rt? i can only get 6200k from my intune. At 6400k its sloppy and doesn't shift into 4th gear at all.

·
Premium Member
5,279 Posts
Do you know the peak HP RPM of engine with that cam? Setting the shift point too far past that would be counterproductive it seems to me.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Well, do these cams come with a "Cam Card", telling you lift, duration or duration @0.050 lift, overlap and cam center line? Once you have all that info a good engine builder will set you on the correct path.

·
Registered
740 Posts
My car runs a different intake manifold so that will make a difference but my 270 5.7 spins to 6700 and shifts at 6600 and makes power all the way up to that point without leveling off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i have been tinkering around and it feels as if it will pull above the 6200k, i recently discovered that the cam in the car is a 274 and not 270.. also found out its has a 3200 stall and recently added 3:92 gears.. problem is I can't get a decent dyno pull.. SMH.. chart reads 345/338trq but my buddy with the same set up minus the higher stall with a8 did 420whp. yet I walk him everytime. its frustrating for sure..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts