Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's on the first tune by HemiFever, and so far I love it. I'd say by the 5th tune it should be perfect. Idles great, drives great, has a little lope and should have more after a few more tunes. I'm very much happy with it so far, even though I haven't gotten on it yet to see how much more power it has. I'll wait until the 2nd tune to really test it out. Too bad my app won't let me post a video..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
On tune number two, still has a good lope, but only in park or neutral. As soon as you put it in drive or turn the a/c on, the lope goes away and it sounds like the factory cam. Hoping to get it tuned somehow where it will lope in drive and with the a/c. No power increase so far, haven't even noticed the 3200 stall converter.

Also, the DiabloSport tune by Johan had it running crazy rich before, no telling how many hundreds of dollars I've wasted over the years because of a shitty tune. The check engine light doesn't come on anymore, so that's awesome lol. My exhaust tips were always black with Johan's tune, and it never ran right. Glad it's in HemiFever's hands now.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found out my cutouts were really messing with the tune, so I capped them. No more stalling issues with the newest tune after capping the cutouts, and it's loping in drive finally. Now I just need to get this wide band sensor/gauge hooked up so we can further the tune.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's a clip at idle from inside the car with the windows up, sounds better in person. The knocking sound is just from the low quality video.
https://youtu.be/fnjOoBRIBdk

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Sounds great! Good luck, what cutouts? I'm interested too.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds great! Good luck, what cutouts? I'm interested too.
Thanks man! I had the 3" cutouts wide open in the video, they're located about 11" down from the header collectors. Way louder in person of course

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Thanks man! I had the 3" cutouts wide open in the video, they're located about 11" down from the header collectors. Way louder in person of course

So it liked the back pressure I guess. Keep at it!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Something else, I have a 3200 converter, and wish I had gone with a 3500... Exactly 3500rpm is where the major power starts.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have you done any 0-60 runs or 1/4 mile passes to see what kind of gains you got from this cam/converter swap?

You refer to your 3200 converter, do you have an A5 or A8 transmission?
A5, I did a 0-60 going by the cars built in timer, and actually got slower 0-60's. I'll be taking it to the strip once it's tuned right, having a few hiccups

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sounds GREAT!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts