61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #62

·
Registered
95 Posts
I noticed the chop on start up then she settles after a bit. As you drive it and its at operating temps, What's the sound? Normal idle or noticeable lump? Either way, those revs are a hemispheric orchestra.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)
I noticed the chop on start up then she settles after a bit. As you drive it and its at operating temps, What's the sound? Normal idle or noticeable lump? Either way, those revs are a hemispheric orchestra.
It's got that lopey sound for about 30-45 secs then it starts to tame as it reaches below 1k rpm. More of a fast consistent burbling sound, sorta speak lol. Once you put it in 1st gear and cruise pretty slow or at a stop light then you get that lopey sound again. Anything over 10mph it sounds more normal. But if paid attention you can tell there's something there...
My headers and flowmaster super 10s are ridiculously LOUD. My gf is complaining. I'm gonna need to figure something out other than ear plugs.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
It's got that lopey sound for about 30-45 secs then it starts to tame as it reaches below 1k rpm. More of a fast consistent burbling sound, sorta speak lol. Once you put it in 1st gear and cruise pretty slow or at a stop light then you get that lopey sound again. Anything over 10mph it sounds more normal. But if paid attention you can tell there's something there...
My headers and flowmaster super 10s are ridiculously LOUD. My gf is complaining. I'm gonna need to figure something out other than ear plugs.

As far as the exhaust being too loud, maybe it's time to change out the girlfriend. Lol. Just kidding. My wife would kill me if she saw me post this.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: challengeRRR

·
Registered
678 Posts
Done thanks

FYI we are going to offer a supercharged version also with a drop in piston and rod package. No balance required
Can you please PM me the price for this cam and install, tune?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Dude, get another girlfriend........

Or don't let her ride in it, I hate when my wife starts grabbing at the dash board or just starts looking for something to grab and I try and drive "normally" I just hate that so I just go out by myself!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Great numbers!

I think with a 90MM TB and port-matched intake manifold, this mod can really come to life.
Yea that's what I'm hoping for and my next mod. Unfortunately there is no 90mm tb for the 13s so I might have to stick with the 87.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Or don't let her ride in it, I hate when my wife starts grabbing at the dash board or just starts looking for something to grab and I try and drive "normally" I just hate that so I just go out by myself!
As far as the exhaust being too loud, maybe it's time to change out the girlfriend. Lol. Just kidding. My wife would kill me if she saw me post this.
Hahahah you guys crack me up. On another note. Maybe the guy I carpool with (drives a v6 camaro and thinks it fast) won't wanna carpool anymore...

Reactions: teddyp

·
Registered
832 Posts
Awesome numbers! Ported intake and throttle body and you could get close to 500 to the wheels. Then some ported heads and we have a monster on our hands. I wouldn't be surprised at almost 600hp naturally aspirated 392s when bigger cams come around with all the other mods.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Awesome numbers! Ported intake and throttle body and you could get close to 500 to the wheels. Then some ported heads and we have a monster on our hands. I wouldn't be surprised at almost 600hp naturally aspirated 392s when bigger cams come around with all the other mods.
Yea I dont think thats an unreasonable number at least close to it. My goal is 500whp NA. I know with a race gas tune and ported intake I could get there.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392
1,536 Posts
I agree to some extent but I feel max NA will be about 550 or 560 rwhp tops on a 392. I'm at about 470 with no cam and if I get 80 with a cam that's extreme and puts me at 550. But no telling. Waiting to see what's to come.

Yea I dont think thats an unreasonable number at least close to it. My goal is 500whp NA. I know with a race gas tune and ported intake I could get there.
No way. You will be at 498!!! Lol. And I'll be at 530! Ha. Kidding. Looking forward to seeing what the ported n take does on a car with a bigger cam!!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #74 (Edited)
I agree to some extent but I feel max NA will be about 550 or 560 rwhp tops on a 392. I'm at about 470 with no cam and if I get 80 with a cam that's extreme and puts me at 550. But no telling. Waiting to see what's to come.

No way. You will be at 498!!! Lol. And I'll be at 530! Ha. Kidding. Looking forward to seeing what the ported n take does on a car with a bigger cam!!
Heehee. Your motivating me! :thumbup:

·
Registered
832 Posts

Sorry I should have been clear I meant 600 at the crank. Which would be what you said, 550 to the wheels or around there.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Sounds like my next move. Cam. Rods. Drop in pistons. I'd prob get a slightly more aggressive cam since mine isn't a daily driver.
Wait to do the cam with the pistons so you can take advantage of the reliefs. Right now as you grow the cam you have to change the install point to fit it and sacrifice over all performance.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Just a reminder to everyone that this cam used stock springs. If you put in a shelf Comp Cam you will coil bind the exhaust spring if you do not change springs. So just be careful what people are willing to sell you. We did some homework on this one and it is a good fit for performance without compromising lobe timing points to make a large cam fit. Bigger is not always better especially on a 4000lb + car. If you get a piston with reliefs we can go bigger and keep the lobe timing points where they need to be.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392
1,536 Posts
Wait to do the cam with the pistons so you can take advantage of the reliefs. Right now as you grow the cam you have to change the install point to fit it and sacrifice over all performance.
Just a reminder to everyone that this cam used stock springs. If you put in a shelf Comp Cam you will coil bind the exhaust spring if you do not change springs. So just be careful what people are willing to sell you. We did some homework on this one and it is a good fit for performance without compromising lobe timing points to make a large cam fit. Bigger is not always better especially on a 4000lb + car. If you get a piston with reliefs we can go bigger and keep the lobe timing points where they need to be.

Thanks Dave! Will do as you suggest bud, and thanks for your email reply explaining this to me earlier. I have MM ported heads with the spring upgrade so I'm all set there...looks like I just need pushrods, forged pistons with valve reliefs and of course the bigger cam.

I am being patient to see a few more done and how they perform but also CANNOT find a shop in Dallas or Houston area to do the swap and tune! No one has done any and I'd prefer not to be their first and then have issues. Most either just say they don't do them OR say they can TRY just haven't done any yet. May just end up shipping it somewhere to get done who knows...looks like I will be waiting and using my tax return so will be a few months to research. Hopefully by then there are several custom ground comp cam results and more off the shelf ones also so that it's easy to pick out what I want...the one you guys did for ChallengeRRR was clearly well planned and a great fit for his application!

Reactions: Modern Muscle

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Thanks for the straight talk Dave, I bet you are going to be doing a lot of 392 cams in the next year!

·
Registered
832 Posts
I always thought I would supercharge mine some day but seeing what potential we have with NA mods it seems more appealing.

61 - 80 of 101 Posts