Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else heard of this new series of camshafts? Looks like they have a few good grinds....I'm consideirng the "Stage 2". Anyone have experience with these?

They have a kit for sale on AMSRacing.net for $1650 with MDS delete kit, gaskets, valvesprings, etc.

·
Registered
689 Posts
It’s looks like the similar to the 270 & 274 with slightly more duration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, comparing the Stage 2 to the 270, the Stage 2 has less intake duration @ .050, but more advertised duration. Also less lift and slightly tighter LSA (114 vs 115). RPM range is slightly lower, too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The lift is the same because they were using a 1.7 rocker ratio for the old cam and they use a 1.65 rating for this cam. Looks like the price came down as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The lift is the same because they were using a 1.7 rocker ratio for the old cam and they use a 1.65 rating for this cam. Looks like the price came down as well.
Yea, it’s definitely looking interesting. Comp Cams also confirmed my suspicions that this would be a more streetable cam than the 274.

·
Registered
30 Posts
They released power numbers for the hrt cams it was 390hp stock (lt headers) and then I believe stage 430hp stage 2 470hp stage 3 475hp. Don't quote me on that as they aren't exact numbers but these were all with long tubes and are crank hp numbers, not wheel.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They released power numbers for the hrt cams it was 390hp stock (lt headers) and then I believe stage 430hp stage 2 470hp stage 3 475hp. Don't quote me on that as they aren't exact numbers but these were all with long tubes and are crank hp numbers, not wheel.

Really? They just told me a few days ago that they didn’t have dyno results...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea, I’ve decided I’m gonna do the Stage 2. Will also be doing a couple videos on the Faster N’ Louder YouTube channel. But first I’m doing some supporting mods. 👍

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
5 Participants
FasterNLouder
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing