Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning
Has anyone had this happen to there Mopar
Compass stopped working just has 2 lines on it
I've tried the going around the circles trick to re calibrate that didnt work.

And the 2nd issue I found is I have a remote start fob push button start(keyless and go)
When I pull up on the handle the door opens or when I push the button the car locks as it should.
But When I hit the lock button or unlock button on the key fob it doesnt work or it doesnt remote start no horn
It did work fine up untill about 2 weeks ago and thats the same time that the compass stopped working
Has anyone else had these issues happen to them?
2012 Challenger RT plus 5.7
Thanks Tim

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,270 Posts
Have you tried replacing the key fob battery for a new one? Have you opened up the key fob to ensure the contacts to the membrane switch are free of contamination? Otherwise it could be an issue with the WIN module but you still can start your car. The 2010 models had a TSB 08-010-10 which reprogrammed the WIN module when customers had issues with the key fob not working.

I have seen quite a few posts where members lost key fob functionality after replacing a battery or battery disconnect. However, they usually had starting issues as well. Unfortunately I have yet to see what the fix was but I suspect it was either WIN module reprogramming or replacement.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply
This was a new key fob I bought back in march
I had some family down from up north visiting and after they took my challenger for a ride they lost my key fob
Had to get a locksmith to program a new key fob (keyless go fob)but thats another story.
The car opens and starts fine as it should it just doesnt lock and unlock or start when I go through the remote.
I guess I can try another Battery
Now one thing I noticed when I am in the car and push the start button and start the car I can lock and unlock
the doors and open the trunk when its running through the remote?
It just seems weird this happened the same time my compass went blank
Tim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts