Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys have installed and where you bought it? I am looking for a place where I can get a complete setup designed for SXT (I have 2016). I do not want to be putting parts together (hoses, brackets, etc). I guess I am lazy. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
I got mine from Speedlogix, one of our forum sponsors. Came complete with catch can and proper fittings and hoses to hook it up. No instructions though, I had to figure it out myself. I also added on custom clamps and hose covers I sourced out on my own online. It's a tight, but clean looking fit once you get everything routed properly. :wink3:

Attachments

Reactions: A Guy

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for replies.

Weird thing is that I have also e-mailed Speedlogix and they have replied: "At this time we unfortunately do not carry a Catch Can that will fit the 3.6L."
@MEKrunner: What is that CAI setup you have?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Here is my order info from Speedlogix that I received when I got mine last year. Maybe this will jog their memory. The catch can they sell is actually a rebranded Billet Technology can with a UPR Products mounting arm. MEKrunner has that same exact setup that he got direct from Billet Technology. You may want to get yours there if Speedlogix doesn't respond. I remember Speedlogix was extremely slow in filling my order as it took over a month to finally receive it.

1 of : Speedlogix Front Mount Dual Chamber Billet Oil Catch Can [Vehicle:Challenger 2009-2016 5.7L w/ Non-Silencer Tube][Standard Colors:Satin (Uncoated)]

1 of : UPR Catch Can Fender Bracket [Fender Bracket Color:Satin (B5032-07-1)]

Again, it may be faster to got with Billet Technologies by contacting them directly.

---------------------------------------------------//----

·
Registered
2015 sxt
71 Posts
What does it do for you?

What do you guys have installed and where you bought it? I am looking for a place where I can get a complete setup designed for SXT (I have 2016). I do not want to be putting parts together (hoses, brackets, etc). I guess I am lazy. :grin2:
I'd like to know is what does it do for you if you have no blue smoke coming out. Dse it help in performance? I ask cause 1-60 was 5.2 sec the best I get now is 6.8 to 6.3.:crying: All started after new wheels:redblob: and cai :smoker:and res replaced the flowmaster resonators. So I'm looking for 1.5 seconds of my best 1-60 time.:crying:

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
I'd like to know is what does it do for you if you have no blue smoke coming out. Dse it help in performance? I ask cause 1-60 was 5.2 sec the best I get now is 6.8 to 6.3.:crying: All started after new wheels:redblob: and cai :smoker:and res replaced the flowmaster resonators. So I'm looking for 1.5 seconds of my best 1-60 time.:crying:
My first question is, are the new wheels and tires a larger diameter than your original set up? That would explain the loss in zero to 60 time.

A catch can is there to prevent both oil and in the winter, water from being digested by the engine. Over time, these nasty's build up and performance will suffer. BUT... This doesn't happen after a couple of thousand miles. Maybe if you have 50 or 60K miles, your performance won't be like it was when new??

·
Registered
2015 sxt
71 Posts
Yes I went from stock rims 18" to the one now 20" with new tires, I was afraid I needed to have car recalibrated somehow.

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts

·
Registered
2015 sxt
71 Posts
ouch

Maybe, or maybe not.

Just for kicks, plug in your old tire size and lets compare it to your new tire/wheel set up.

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/...road&msclkid=d638a1a85cb51a1967e7fa89268bc123

The only other thing I can think of is maybe the new wheels are heavier than the old wheels?
well I see i'm at 3 mph over what I read at 58 i'm really doing 60.8 OMG the cop was right.:bluecap::stickpoke: I went from stock 235/55 R /18 all four to front two at 245/45 R /20 and rear 275/45 R / 20.:nerd: so how do I fix may cars computer on this???

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,634 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,634 Posts
The 275/40-20 would be the same size as the 245/45-20. If you have 275/45-20, then yes, they would be even bigger

A Guy

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,697 Posts
so what about the rear tires larger than front, they don't count? try the 274/45/20 and it's a whole lot worse, so which is right?
All calculations of MPH are based upon the size of the wheels/tires on the drive axles. Since you have staggered sized tires, I’m guessing you have a Rear Wheel Drive car and not one of the AWD models.

As such, you should only use the tire size of the rear tires when figuring the true MPH (via the web site that compares MPH between different wheel/tire sizes).

If you have 275/45/20s on the back, that’s the size to plug into that website; disregard the front tires’ size for that excel use.

As for why you lost acceleration from previous stock setup to now, I’m guessing the unstrung weight increased significantly with the 20” shoes, which will certainly hurt acceleration (and braking distance), and I bet the CAI you added is sapping some performance at WOT as well.

Ultimately you would need to provide before and after weight values for the wheels and tires for us to determine how much the jump to 20” rims hurt. And if you can generate some data logs during these 0-60 runs that output ST KR and LT KR PIDS, simply looking through those for any KR can prove/disprove my hypothesis on the CAI’s efficacy (or lack of it).

Reactions: den2be99

·
Registered
28 Posts
Warm climate

A catch can is there to prevent both oil and in the winter, water from being digested by the engine. Over time, these nasty's build up and performance will suffer. BUT... This doesn't happen after a couple of thousand miles. Maybe if you have 50 or 60K miles, your performance won't be like it was when new??[/QUOTE]

Since I live in coastal South Carolina and we don't have much winter to speak of, maybe a few weeks of intermittent cold overnight, would a catch can be of any benefit?

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Since I live in coastal South Carolina and we don't have much winter to speak of, maybe a few weeks of intermittent cold overnight, would a catch can be of any benefit?
You won't be catching water in your catch can, but you will still catch oil. Really stinky and nasty oil.

You can't go wrong with a catch can. Give it a couple of thousand miles and take a look at what it caught. You might be surprised.

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,697 Posts
A catch can is there to prevent both oil and in the winter, water from being digested by the engine. Over time, these nasty's build up and performance will suffer. BUT... This doesn't happen after a couple of thousand miles. Maybe if you have 50 or 60K miles, your performance won't be like it was when new??

Since I live in coastal South Carolina and we don't have much winter to speak of, maybe a few weeks of intermittent cold overnight, would a catch can be of any benefit?[/QUOTE]

The Pentastar’s right valve cover actually has a rudimentary, pseudo-catch can built into it, and that one will probably do you all need it to do if the engine is left stock. However, running an external aftermarket catch can is a good idea if you are going to do any performance mods on the engine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for all the helpful advice. There are so many mods to explore, it's hard to know where to start. Thanks again.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts