Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So of course i bought a challenger so i can roast my tires every once in awhile. I have the little traction control off button, but that does not completely disable my traction control. I can burn my tires until i get into higher RPM’s then a little light pops up on my dash that has a little car roasting its tires, like my car is mocking me or something. I just want to know how to completely disable my traction control. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2016 Hellcat
1,669 Posts
Yes, hold the button down for about 7 seconds. You will hear a chime letting you know its disabled. Be careful tho as usually when you roast your tires your car will start moving sideways. That light that you see senses the yaw control (moving side to side) and stops you from being a Mustang poser. LOL

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,220 Posts
I disabled all traction control with my tuner on my 2013 v6 just to see what it does, it turned my car into a one wheel peel and I left one black mark that was over a city block long before I let out, not good, no hint of traction what so ever. So i enabled it back to normal and when I raced or went out for some test runs I would only push the button once, this allowed both tires to hook and if I wanted to I could burn both tires for long time- two solid black marks. I had no issues just pushing the button once, even with 3.90 gears and supercharger my car hooked and booked and if I wanted to roast them give the tires a little spin and stab the gas and roast them for however long. Just my experience.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,033 Posts
Depending upon the year model you may or may not be able to completely disable it.

2010 and below SE/SXTs can do by driving over 5 mph and turning ignition to start and holding for 10 sec. That actually disables the ESP and ABS, so it’s a little dangerous if you are not used how a 4000 lb car handles without nanny keeping watch.

2011-2014 SE/SXTs need a tuner or something similar to go into computer and disable it. There again it disables everything, not just ESP, so caution is wise when ABS might be needed.

I’m not sure if 2015+ SXTs have the ability to disable ESP completely or not, someone with one that knows for sure would need to chime in here. I know others stated above just holding the ESP button would do it, but I suspect they were referring to non-SXT trims, as those procedures work for SRT and such, but have not in the past worked for SXTs (maybe 2015+ are diff; I don’t know there).

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
It's been a couple of years but I had a 15 SXT and am 99% sure I could disable ESP using the procedure above holding the TC button till it chimed.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts