Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people here get compliments on their cars?

Today, I was pulling up to the royal obese fast food center Mcdonald's and an older couple just kept staring, initially I thought they thought I was ugly or something but then the elderly man said nice car. I smiled and said thank you,and felt like I had the most awesome car ever. My brother's 370z gets a ton of attention, but from kids and younger adults. I prefer my challenger's smooth criminal look, and discrete looks. I'm hispanic so most of my people drive Mustang's and Camaro's. Well, those that are my age (23). I live in an urban area, and so far all the homies and thugs give me a thumbs up. I have had the car for almost a year, and havent got keyed :) What compliments have you guys got??

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol, everytime I see an SRT like yours I always compliment them. I love how the SRT's look insanely powerful! Plus the SRT dual stripe is sooooo sexy lol. When I deleted my mufflers, within the first few hours this guy in a van was like that's a loud mofo!!!!!!!! and then at a light this country feller was like guuuuuun iiiiit!!! Obviously I didn't lol. Man, I love these cars. I just wish Challenger owners weren't so stuck up. Couple days ago this guy in a torred rt was tailgating me just cause I didn't want to race him. Mind you a few blocks down the road is a police station and my car is pretty loud. I sped up a bit and he caught up and told me I was a kitty kat for not going toe to toe with him. I'm sure he's going to wreck his car one day.

·
Registered
263 Posts
How many people here get compliments on their cars?

Today, I was pulling up to the royal obese fast food center Mcdonald's and an older couple just kept staring, initially I thought they thought I was ugly or something but then the elderly man said nice car. I smiled and said thank you,and felt like I had the most awesome car ever. My brother's 370z gets a ton of attention, but from kids and younger adults. I prefer my challenger's smooth criminal look, and discrete looks. I'm hispanic so most of my people drive Mustang's and Camaro's. Well, those that are my age (23). I live in an urban area, and so far all the homies and thugs give me a thumbs up. I have had the car for almost a year, and havent got keyed :) What compliments have you guys got??
Smooth Criminal huh?. Sounds like you just named your car. Gratz!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hahaha, nah. I call it the "whale" or "el gordo" when I visit my parents. Someone else can take that nickname lol. I love the nickname "GRIZZ" sounds awesome and suitable for the cars size.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I get compliments from strangers when I am filling up at the gas station, washing my car on weekends, pulling into my dealership for service, get envious glances or sometimes thumbs up from other drivers on the freeway :D

·
Registered
479 Posts
I received one from my neighbor today. I was on my way to work, and he held his thumb up and said "nice ride!" I thanked him, gave him a wave, and gunned it down the street!

·
Banned
5,786 Posts
Took my car to Vegas this weekend and valet parked it at the Hard Rock, parked next some very sweet cars. Maybach and a Lambo for on. My car fit right in and got stares up and down the strip. I am kind of reserved, but I've gotten so used to the compliments.. great effing car!!

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Like everyone has said... smiles, thumbs up, comments, (once I got flashed by some chick).... daily occurrences...

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
2008-10 was pretty insane...I mean off the hook compliments, staring, picture taking, serious rock star type status...In Aug 2009 I actually had a guy driving past my house slam on his brakes and then jump out of his van, leaving it in the middle of the street to come over and look and ask questions at my challenger parked in my driveway.

Still get the occasional "sweet ride" but the early years was some serious fun

Reactions: VHFan

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Thumbs up, stares and compliments all the time... It's great

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
981 Posts
Happens all the time. Redline red, white stripes, hood pins - it catches the eye.

The other day I was talking to one of the lieutenant colonels here about cars. He pulled out his phone and showed me a picture he took recently of his "dream car" - which turned out to be my Challenger!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Happens all the time. Redline red, white stripes, hood pins - it catches the eye.

The other day I was talking to one of the lieutenant colonels here about cars. He pulled out his phone and showed me a picture he took recently of his "dream car" - which turned out to be my Challenger!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
all the LTC's I knew seemed to drive BMW's...although I did know a catholic chaplain O6 who drove an escalade

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
2008-10 was pretty insane...I mean off the hook compliments, staring, picture taking, serious rock star type status...
I tell many of our newer club members with newer Challengers that they missed out on what us old timers called "Instant Rock Star Status" inflicted on us by merely owning a Challenger and getting caught out in public with it. In the very early days of the Challenger, there were very limited numbers of them running around. Only 8,000 2008's I believe (and many of them garage queens) and the 2009's were just coming out. Back then you couldn't park a Challenger anywhere without it drawing a crowd around it. Just driving down the freeway caused congestion all around you as everyone wanted to take a look at the car, take pictures of it, and give you a big smile, a honk of the horn and a thumbs up.

I remember one instance where I was in a left hand turn lane about four cars back and waiting for the light to turn green. I see this Dodge Neon rolling past me and the driver has his head out the window gawking at my car. Of course, the light was red and a car was sitting at the light in front of him, so BAM! he plows into it not paying attention. When my light turned green, I slowly rolled past him and shrugged my shoulders as if to say I'm sorry, and the guy had this big smile on his face and was giving me the thumbs up. Go figure!

I remember another time when I was driving down the freeway with a large crowd following me and getting glimpses of the car from all angles. I have an early R/T. All of a sudden I notice the crowd of cars beginning to fall back. I'm thinking a cop is coming up behind me or something and everyone is just getting out of the way. So I begin checking my mirrors and low and behold what do I see, an Challenger SRT coming up on my tail. The crowd of cars was falling back to check him out. LOL. A real treat for those drivers to see two Challengers in one day let alone one behind the other.

Social media wasn't really around back then to share all of our stories, we had to scribe our tales on cave walls and large stones. LOL

Those were the days. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
More than once I've come out from a store and see a person taking pics of the car in the parking lot. I just stand back and watch until they are done.

Reactions: DJ Hemi
1 - 20 of 44 Posts