Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for the differences between the old 6.1 hemi and the new 392. I'm surprised by the potential of the new hemi. I can't wait to see how much power it would put with some aftermarket mods. Though I have noticed that the old 6.1 has a 10:3:1 compression ratio whereas the new 6.4 has a 10:9:1 compression ratio. From my basic knowledge and internet research I concluded that as a rule of thumb a lower compression ratio engines are more boost friendly than higher compression ratio motors. For example a stock 6.1 would handle more boost just because its running a lower compression.

Maybe this analysis is very basic but is it true?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
If everything else were identical a lower compression can handle more boost. Although we do not know the piston design of the 6.4 piston so its impossible to answer at this time.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
If everything else were identical a lower compression can handle more boost. Although we do not know the piston design of the 6.4 piston so its impossible to answer at this time.
You mena you have not torn down a perfectly good 6.4 yet to see hwat the pistons look like?

You're slacking Andy!

(I mean, its not like you can tune it yet, so take it apart, lol!)

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
You mena you have not torn down a perfectly good 6.4 yet to see hwat the pistons look like?

You're slacking Andy!

(I mean, its not like you can tune it yet, so take it apart, lol!)

LOL Between you two, I need stuff for next winter at the latest!:bigthumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts