Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:grouphug:Hi Everyone,

I just purchased a 2014 Challenger SRT8 and I love it. I have about 500 miles on it and it has started doing strange things on the display.

Check TPM system
Front left tire low (checked it and it is not low)
The car icon showing driver door ajar
The car icon showing the passenger door ajar
SRT8
Every time I start the car I get one of the above messages in my display. I of course am going to take it to be checked. Was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

Thanks,

Kit

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Did you read the owners manual on this, kind of interesting. And I did have the issue and I followed what was in the OWNERS MANUAL and it WORKED!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Lots of great info in that little book. The TPMS system on the Challenger is very finicky when a tire goes low. All the tires have to be brought up to the pressure on the door placard COLD, even if they were OK before the 1 tire went low. The door agar might be another issue.

If all fails, disconnect the negative side of the battery for a few minutes, reattach and see if that brings it back to sanity.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
My TPM display goes off everyday. I've got to give the dealer credit for trying, they had my car for over a month,accumulative, trying to diagnose why the TPM warning light goes off randomly. It does not read the left front tire pressure at all, then other times works normal. They finally blamed it on my "aftermarket" radio frequencies:) even though it happened since the day I drove it off the lot....Now I don't pay attention to it.
Yours sounds a little more series.....

·
Super Moderator
14,915 Posts
Could you have a bad TPM sensor in your front tire? You might want to have it it replaced to see if that fixes the problem.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
"supposedly" they swapped the tires with another challenger on the lot and the warning was for the same left front. I'll make sure to have a new sensor put in when I put new tires on.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
The TPMS system is bizarre on the Challenger. I one goes low, even if you get the pressure right, you have to make sure ALL the tires have the CORRECT pressure COLD before they all report correctly. It's kind of a PIA but they all have to be what's on the door placard COLD. Bet the dealesr gets all kinds of calls when the weather starts to get cold.

·
Registered
573 Posts
The TPMS system is bizarre on the Challenger. I one goes low, even if you get the pressure right, you have to make sure ALL the tires have the CORRECT pressure COLD before they all report correctly. It's kind of a PIA but they all have to be what's on the door placard COLD. Bet the dealesr gets all kinds of calls when the weather starts to get cold.
I hate the tire monitoring system. I got it figured out now, but about pulled my head bald trying to get it worked out with my tire guy. The 2 Dodge dealerships I took it to were no help at all. I have to say the Dodge service centers are are a sad situation.
But I love my SRT Challenger. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts