Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,847 Posts
Is that an actual FCA image? It can't be, it looks like an edited Camaro picture. Tell me if I'm wrong though. Honestly if it's not an official image I have zero opinion on it other than it's a nice looking rendering of a car.
Its not...a 3rd party cobbled that together.
-they spent too much time looking at the '16 Camaro - the influence is pretty obvious.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Looks like a mess taking cues from the Mustang (the indentation running along under the door handle), Camaro, and a Challenger.

·
Registered
6 Posts
They took a Camaro picture and mocked it up. Ugly....that's why I did not buy a Camaro. There is no way that Dodge would make a Challenger look like a Camaro.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Looks like poop.

Challenger has that clean muscle car swagger, don't need all that racer ground effects.

It needs to look clean and understated. Not scream them at your face. Sorry that concept is a fail.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Ah..... NO.

With all the body creases and the pointless gutter belt line, it has Asian influence and the new Camaro is the king of that school of design.

The design is convoluted and lacks integration.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
It looks aggressive but I agree: too much like a Camaro. Plus the left and right sides, top of the front bumper, are too exaggerated. Looks almost like a cow-catcher on the front of a train. I prefer the current style.

Mike

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Could it be a new Dart Design or A Cuda??? Who knows its just a concept drawing at the end of the day

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
"Nevertheless, in the year 2018, we’re tipped to see an all-new Challenger emerge; and being one for complete impatience, I’ve decided to pull out the digital crayons to sketch up what it may look like."

If one simply just read the article, you would know that this rendering is 110% inaccurate.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Whatever they do, let's hope they don't screw it up like they did the 300 and the Charger (the new versions are very nice, but the prior Gen designs were much, much better)
We're talking exterior design here... not interior or mechanical changes.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Its not...a 3rd party cobbled that together.
-they spent too much time looking at the '16 Camaro - the influence is pretty obvious.
Yeah, figured. The net is still pretty free, anyone can put up almost anything they want and that's fine, but stuff like this irritates me to be honest. A couple of years from now when official FCA renderings are available, and I go looking for them, I'm going to have to wade through a sea of these "tribute" and fake fan boy images.

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
This poses an interesting premise, right? There is a certain part of the demographic that endlessly pines for a direct competitor to the Camaro and Mustang in hp and weight...but would you still want it, even if it was a butt-ugly insult to the style of the Challenger that preceded it? What is the bigger trump?...the specs or the physical appeal (if you had to sacrifice one)? Would it sell like hotcakes just on the specs, or would it make no difference whatsoever to Dodge sales (the number of Dodge customers are simply the number of Dodge customers, and a butt-ugly car isn't going to draw shoppers from the other camp, anyway).

I think it's obvious that most would prefer both (specs + looks), but how far would you actually give on the looks, just to finally play with a par-specs model?

·
Premium Member
9,148 Posts
Could it be a new Dart Design or A Cuda??? Who knows its just a concept drawing at the end of the day
I highly doubt the Italians have any desire to bring an old American car back to life especially when the parent company (Pymouth) no longer exists.
If there is talk of FCA looking to sell of brand names you might not see the Challenger in any other body style either.
To us it's cult like, to the company it's just a tool to make money.

·
Registered
270 Posts
"Nevertheless, in the year 2018, we’re tipped to see an all-new Challenger emerge; and being one for complete impatience, I’ve decided to pull out the digital crayons to sketch up what it may look like."

If one simply just read the article, you would know that this rendering is 110% inaccurate.
Yeah a lot of knee jerk reactions to some blogs concept art.

·
Super Moderator
14,847 Posts
Yeah, figured. The net is still pretty free, anyone can put up almost anything they want and that's fine, but stuff like this irritates me to be honest. A couple of years from now when official FCA renderings are available, and I go looking for them, I'm going to have to wade through a sea of these "tribute" and fake fan boy images.
add to that those characteristically horrendous renderings that allpar puts out - it made the rear facia (their rendering) of the '15 Challenger look like it had a fully loaded diaper!

·
Registered
232 Posts
So one night, Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger went out together, and got blindingly, horrifically, terribly wasted...

They woke naked, and still reeling from the night before. Yet no memory of the evening festivities...

Some time later... Perhaps 3 or so years later... a car was born...

A twisted misshapen monster with no apparent link to parentage.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not impressed at all i allway been impressed that the challenger is the only one that kept the old school mussel car look and this looks like a chase of the camero , not good in my books

41 - 60 of 88 Posts