Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the hood on my new Scat Pack, it really looks like rain will pour right through the two outer vents, and come in the center vent easily when moving. I suppose this is all fine, as it's factory. But just wondered if this has been a problem for anyone with this style of hood?

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I doubt it will be an issue. They've been around for awhile now and I've yet to see anyone having issues with them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I doubt it will be an issue. They've been around for awhile now and I've yet to see anyone having issues with them.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, probably the only thing will be lots of water spots on the engine to have to clean off occasionally. I plan on daily driving this most of the time, unless snowy.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, probably the only thing will be lots of water spots on the engine to have to clean off occasionally. I plan on daily driving this most of the time, unless snowy.
I know Wrangler Rubicons with the power dome hood have been out for ages and if there was an issue with them, they would be complaining about them. I've yet to see a single issue with them and they go through more water than a Challenger does. There's even a mod to make the vents wider to allow heat to dissipate faster.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,640 Posts
Looking at the hood on my new Scat Pack, it really looks like rain will pour right through the two outer vents, and come in the center vent easily when moving. I suppose this is all fine, as it's factory. But just wondered if this has been a problem for anyone with this style of hood?
Actually I suspect rain will not enter the vents. The air pressure inside the engine compartment due to air coming in through the radiator is high enough that rain water will not enter the openings.

Otherwise those who drive in heavy rain -- which I have with my Hellcat -- would report a flooded engine.

In recognition of the possibility of water getting in through the vents when I wash my car I'm careful to limit the amount of water around the hood openings.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually I suspect rain will not enter the vents. The air pressure inside the engine compartment due to air coming in through the radiator is high enough that rain water will not enter the openings.

Otherwise those who drive in heavy rain -- which I have with my Hellcat -- would report a flooded engine.

In recognition of the possibility of water getting in through the vents when I wash my car I'm careful to limit the amount of water around the hood openings.
Right, I was thinking more about my car parked all day at work in a downpour. You can see right through the two outer flank vents. But the water would be mainly falling on the air filter box on driver side and the covered fuse box on passenger side.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,640 Posts
Right, I was thinking more about my car parked all day at work in a downpour. You can see right through the two outer flank vents. But the water would be mainly falling on the air filter box on driver side and the covered fuse box on passenger side.
My Hellcat has been parked in the rain a few times. My Hellcat's hood and the area around the vents looks to be designed to within reason keep water that falls on the hood from flowing into the vents. While one can't do much about rain drops that fall directly on the vent though that doesn't appear to be a problem either.

While I never bothered to check during a rain storm the other times I've had the hood open while I have looked for it I've never seen any signs of any real amount of water flowing onto the engine or into the engine compartment.

·
Registered
15,804 Posts
The new Scats have a cover over the ABS controller like the Hellcat did when it used that hood. I wouldn't worry about it but the driver side does pretty much rule out an open CAI.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
448 Posts
My '19 has been parked all day and its been heavy raining. I'll check and report picture to this thread after work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts