Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had febuary's event yesterday far the local SCCA region. When all is said and done, I pulled a top 5 out of 60 with a 36.8 second run. Not to shaby from something that people say handle like boats, hahahahaha

Krewe of Cones autoX, my best run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjRXXagoqP8&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Had febuary's event yesterday far the local SCCA region. When all is said and done, I pulled a top 5 out of 60 with a 36.8 second run. Not to shaby from something that people say handle like boats, hahahahaha

Krewe of Cones autoX, my best run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjRXXagoqP8&feature=youtu.be

Your car looks pretty well controlled. I've heard the Scats have a pretty stiff suspension from the factory. Even with the super sticky tires the body roll doesn't seem to be excessive. The tires seem to really wake it up. Would you say that's the case? I'm gonna say the factory tires aren't up to par with the suspension and hold it back.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your car looks pretty well controlled. I've heard the Scats have a pretty stiff suspension from the factory. Even with the super sticky tires the body roll doesn't seem to be excessive. The tires seem to really wake it up. Would you say that's the case? I'm gonna say the factory tires aren't up to par with the suspension and hold it back.
The tires by far are the limiting factor. I even tried Nitto NT-05s and they were very lack luster on the autoX course. With these RE71s, the only thing I need to tighten up is the nut behind the wheel. I know it's a long shot, but I'm hoping to get rid of the sigma of our cars not been able to turn HAHAHA.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm even impressed with my R/T and the super track pak. Thing handles pretty dang good IMO.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
232 Posts
I used to do it with my 13 R/T 6spd and had a ball, I have upgraded to a 15 SRT 6spd and can't wait to try it. That track looked fast. The ones we have around here are usually a lot tighter. Nice job, looks like you had a ball.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used to do it with my 13 R/T 6spd and had a ball, I have upgraded to a 15 SRT 6spd and can't wait to try it. That track looked fast. The ones we have around here are usually a lot tighter. Nice job, looks like you had a ball.
the track was very fast. It was right after a SCCA starting line school, so they pulled back the difficulty not to be as hard on the new guys. on the middle and last legs I was able to catch third about half way through.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have a friend who is into autocross who wants me to try it. We've gone to the road course a couple of times. The Scat Pack does pretty good, but the stock tires are a killer. Have you done any other mods to your car besides tires?

·
Registered
215 Posts
MeauxCJ, do you have any pictures of the car with the forgeline's /re71's on it? Do you run those same wheels and tires on the street?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Our season starts this weekend with a test n tune. Super excited and can't wait to see what the RE71s do for it.

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a friend who is into autocross who wants me to try it. We've gone to the road course a couple of times. The Scat Pack does pretty good, but the stock tires are a killer. Have you done any other mods to your car besides tires?
No, the only thing that was holding the car back was the tires. Now I feel like I'm holding the car back at my current level. Instead of putting money into parts, I'm putting it into seat time. :grin2:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
MeauxCJ, do you have any pictures of the car with the forgeline's /re71's on it? Do you run those same wheels and tires on the street?
Been trying to post it and it kept saying the file was to big. Finally figured out how to compress it. :grin2: My forgelines and REs are stictly autoX and track day. I can't afford to replace them as much as the interstate would chew them up haha

Attachments

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
No, the only thing that was holding the car back was the tires. Now I feel like I'm holding the car back at my current level. Instead of putting money into parts, I'm putting it into seat time. :grin2:
That's what everyone has told me too, put some good rubber on it then fix the driver before you attempt to "fix" anything else

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
How are your RE71 holding up? How many runs do you think you will get out of them.
after four events, they are looking like I beat the hell out of them but they still have good tread left. If I cool down with the fun runs after the events, I should be able to get a season out of them, but keeping pace to what I'm doing right now because I really don't see me holding back... half to three quarter of a season.

just to expand on the events:
January - Autocross (4 runs plus 4 fun runs)
Febuary - Enduro cross (six back to back hot laps with four 3 lap fun runs)
Febuary - Startling line school (about 2 hours of element practice in the morning, with 9 course runs in the afternoon
Febuary - Autocross event (6 runs however I had a duel driver, so 12 runs on the tires)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts