21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
HAHA, told you :grin2: That course looked like fun. Where y'all run at?
It was a blast! Not often we get a course we can open it up on. The gf got out of the car after she made her last run and had it sideways coming out of the last turn with a big smile on her face and said "now that was fun" That one was in middle Tennessee just a little south of Nashville. We typically run in East TN but our test n tune was cancelled so we made the trip west. Definitely worth it. Our first points event is this week. Looks like I'll have the chance to test out how the tires handle in the rain....80% chance. Should be interesting. Where do you run at?

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It was a blast! Not often we get a course we can open it up on. The gf got out of the car after she made her last run and had it sideways coming out of the last turn with a big smile on her face and said "now that was fun" That one was in middle Tennessee just a little south of Nashville. We typically run in East TN but our test n tune was cancelled so we made the trip west. Definitely worth it. Our first points event is this week. Looks like I'll have the chance to test out how the tires handle in the rain....80% chance. Should be interesting. Where do you run at?

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk
I bounce between three regions down here in Louisiana. In Lake Charles is SoWeLA, In Hammond is CenLa, and the region I'm a member of is Delta out of new orleans. And believe it or not but you'll have an edge in the rain, the RE71s can easily go 8/10ths on a wet course. At the speeds we hit, hydroplaning isn't really a concern and the 71s stay sticky cold/hot/wet..... I love these tires haha.

Delta has an event coming up this weekend also. I should be getting some more footage if I don't do something stupid, like forgetting my camera bag.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
And believe it or not but you'll have an edge in the rain, the RE71s can easily go 8/10ths on a wet course. At the speeds we hit, hydroplaning isn't really a concern and the 71s stay sticky cold/hot/wet..... I love these tires haha.

All that does is make me more pumped for this weekend. :rocker:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I wonder how the Pirelli P Zero summer tires are going to do, anyone use them in AutoX
Sorry i took a while, was out of town this weekend. I have a couple buddies that have the P zeros on their mustangs. The one that autocrossed didn't like them, the guy that just drove on the street did. I personally never ran them but the feedback I'm getting is that they are marginally better than the goodyear eagle f1 supers

·
Registered
188 Posts
these cars handle just fine for their size. Much more nimble than you would think.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts