Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
That's AWESOME! I'm counting the days to the Match tour event in MS next month, gonna be my first national event!
That was my first too. You'll have a blast! And how can you beat a minimum of 9 runs over the weekend on the same course? I didn't make either of the shootouts but the gf got drawn for the lucky dog.

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Thanks. Good to know. I need to get some more rubber under mine. I'm still running the 245s I had under the SXT. Usually doesn't show as bad as it did this weekend on a more open course.

I know it'll hurt, but drop the money for a good light weight set of extra wheels. Our girls are heavy and if you AX and daily on sticky rubber she'll eat them in no time. I think I got 7K out the NT-05s I was running before. Now with the race wheels, I have over a season worth of driving on the 71s and they still got a good bit left on them. They should last me the rest of the year.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I know it'll hurt, but drop the money for a good light weight set of extra wheels. Our girls are heavy and if you AX and daily on sticky rubber she'll eat them in no time. I think I got 7K out the NT-05s I was running before. Now with the race wheels, I have over a season worth of driving on the 71s and they still got a good bit left on them. They should last me the rest of the year.
Don't forget to register for the Bridgestone contingency for the MT.

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
366 Posts
Ran 6 events last year and wanted some better traction this year. So I got 245/45R18XL-sized RE71Rs mounted on my 18x8 Boss 338 winter wheels.

For my first event the rears seem to be happy at 30psi but after going up to 40psi on the fronts it's still scrubbing a bit low on the shoulder. I'll try 42-45-48 next event (I want to stay below the tire's 50psi rating when cold).

I'm still overdriving and late braking the sweepers, but at least the tires slide and allow me to recover instead of spinning out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Ran 6 events last year and wanted some better traction this year. So I got 245/45R18XL-sized RE71Rs mounted on my 18x8 Boss 338 winter wheels.

For my first event the rears seem to be happy at 30psi but after going up to 40psi on the fronts it's still scrubbing a bit low on the shoulder. I'll try 42-45-48 next event (I want to stay below the tire's 50psi rating when cold).

I'm still overdriving and late braking the sweepers, but at least the tires slide and allow me to recover instead of spinning out.
Yea I've actually found that my 245/40/19s in the front like about 44 in them and the rears seem good at 35. I do need to get some wider ones under her because I know I'm not able to drive to the cars full potential on 245s

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
366 Posts
Good to know you're that high on the fronts.

If funds were available I'd be rocking custom 18x10 wheels on all four corners wrapped with 265 width RE71Rs, or purple crack if I wanted to hop over to the Tire class.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts