Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I ordered a 2012 on Sunday. Put down a deposit. Signed a contract to buy it. Dealer said they had 2 allocations remaining. On the Configuration Preview sheet it shows
Order Type: Retail
Scheduling Priority: 4- Dealer Order.
Build Priority: 99
Customer Name and address is blank

So, just wondering since I ordered this from the dealer is the above
regarding Order Type and Scheduling priority correct?

Also, someone mentioned I should recieve an Order Confirmation sheet. Does this differ from the Configuration Preview?

Also, should I be able to get the VON# from them if they placed the order?

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I was given my Von # after a week of order being placed

·
Registered
423 Posts
Ok, so I ordered a 2012 on Sunday. Put down a deposit. Signed a contract to buy it. Dealer said they had 2 allocations remaining. On the Configuration Preview sheet it shows

Also, someone mentioned I should recieve an Order Confirmation sheet. Does this differ from the Configuration Preview?

Thanks,
Mark
The Configuration Preview is for you to make sure how you want the car built...this is the way the order will be submitted to Chrysler. Make sure the right color and options are listed!

Next step is a Priced Order Confirmation
Chrysler has received the order and the status is changed to "D"
(firm schedule, vehicle order #assigned, and VIN # assigned). Customers name and address will be on this and the build prority is changed to "Sold Car", the highest priority.
It is almost impossible to change anything at this point! My dealer accidently ordered my R/T in White instead of Header Orange. They couldn't get it changed, they had to accept delivery of the white one and reorder mine and accept it as well! However, they had NO problem selling the white one anyway! :deal:
You should get the POC in a week or two......

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Being that I ordered it right at the wire for 2012 I'm a bit nervous about it actually being accepted and trust that the dealer (whom I've bought a couple of vehicles from in the past) is up front with me about their allocation. I would have preferred to have bought one already made, but couldn't find one anywhere with the options/color I wanted. I guess worst case is I get bumped to 2013 and have to wait a few months longer.

Mark

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
The Configuration Preview is for you to make sure how you want the car built...this is the way the order will be submitted to Chrysler. Make sure the right color and options are listed!

Next step is a Priced Order Confirmation
Chrysler has received the order and the status is changed to "D"
(firm schedule, vehicle order #assigned, and VIN # assigned). Customers name and address will be on this and the build prority is changed to "Sold Car", the highest priority.
It is almost impossible to change anything at this point! My dealer accidently ordered my R/T in White instead of Header Orange. They couldn't get it changed, they had to accept delivery of the white one and reorder mine and accept it as well! However, they had NO problem selling the white one anyway! :deal:
You should get the POC in a week or two......
I got my POC the day the car was ordered. Just wonder whether Dodge.com/vots ever updates. Mine has been saying the same thing since 2 days after order was placed:CURRENT VEHICLE STATUS : Production Scheduled
Your vehicle order has been verified and is scheduled to be produced in our assembly plant

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The salesguy called a bit ago and said the order was submitted and gave me the VON#. He submitted my email to Dodge and I believe he said the car was being built in my name. He said I should get a VIN in a couple weeks, but that he'd also keep tabs on it as well. Hopefully, it gets to the D1 stage and doesn't get rejected for allocation or other reasons. Now the tune from Jeopardy will be playing in my head for few weeks.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
The salesguy called a bit ago and said the order was submitted and gave me the VON#. He submitted my email to Dodge and I believe he said the car was being built in my name. He said I should get a VIN in a couple weeks, but that he'd also keep tabs on it as well. Hopefully, it gets to the D1 stage and doesn't get rejected for allocation or other reasons. Now the tune from Jeopardy will be playing in my head for few weeks.
I think if you have a von you are set.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I ordered mine today and have the Configuration Preview with a Build Priority of 01 and Scheduling Priority of 1- Sold Order

So....is this good or should I be worried?

·
Administrator
3,748 Posts

Thanks,
Mark
BA means your order is in the system. These processing codes will give you an idea where your order is at in the many steps along the way - Order Processing Production Codes - Cherokee SRT8 Forum.

D is when the VIN is assigned. Once you hit D1 things move quickly.

Bernie

·
Registered
6 Posts

Thanks,
Mark
I know this post is old, but thanks for posting, as I just had mine ordered and my configuration preview sheet says same thing.

Fingers crossed I get VIN next week

·
Registered
2020 Hellcat Widebody
6 Posts
@triafrog33 Hey! So I just ordered my challenger over the weekend with the dealer and I also received a configuration sheet with the following details:
Scheduling Priority: 1-Sold Order
Build priority: 99
VIN/VON is empty

I'm really anxious and can't wait to receive my POC. How long did you have to wait to get your POC and do you have any estimated dates for delivery yet?

·
Registered
2020 sps ordered 5/20/20
69 Posts
Nanaquame, check out our Covid cars special thread by Emichael titled "Hellraisin Scat- ordered". There will be examples of us waiting and waiting and then getting our VINs and decoding them. I got my VIN texted to me in a few days after the start of the order. We had a special problem though, Emichael and Gouge ordered their cars first and then the Brampton plant shut down. I ordered my car during this shutdown. Plant resumed production and eventually Gouge got his car first, about 2 months later. My ETA is supposedly by September but that was the dealer approximating that, so far I know its on a train to LA then boat to Hawaii. Boat takes 5 days but they might not sail until there's enough cars loaded. So that's a few extra weeks added for transit. Emichael got some sketchy info but I believe his car is being built, I hope so. Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
@triafrog33 Hey! So I just ordered my challenger over the weekend with the dealer and I also received a configuration sheet with the following details:
Scheduling Priority: 1-Sold Order
Build priority: 99
VIN/VON is empty

I'm really anxious and can't wait to receive my POC. How long did you have to wait to get your POC and do you have any estimated dates for delivery yet?
My order went in 6/3, was done 6/13 and just picked him up yesterday! once it got VIN I waited a few days and. Contacted Dodge via online chat, every few days I'd check in

·
Registered
2020 Hellcat Widebody
6 Posts
I called the dealership today and got an update on the VON but no VIN created yet. By the estimate of the sales guy, there should be some action on it over the next few days, so next week.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts