Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, a little confused about the options on my new to me Challenger SE. Sorry if this is a long winded post but I don't want to leave anything out. I bought the car used from a local dealer and from the start have been discovering more and more about the car. When I bought the car I though it was a stripped down base model (I'm thinking the dealer did also). Sitting at home one day I was reading about the PKE and Keyless Go options and was wishing my car had them thinking it didn't because there was no button cover over the ignition switch. Fast forward to two days later, sitting outside work because I had some time to kill before going in I was still learning about the car and I for some reason pressed in on the ignition switch and in the dash it said Damaged FOB, this gets me thinking even more so I contacted Chrysler to get a build sheet on my car. Sure enough the car came from the factory with PKE and Keyless go. Upon bringing this info back to the dealer they took the car in the back and hooked it up to the computer. Come to find out for some reason the PEM module was never programmed for the keys. Fast forward again to a week ago, I did an oil change on my car and looked up and realised the electronic hood switch is already installed. I read somewhere else that if the car had keyless go that all that had to be installed for the remote start was the hood switch and then have it enabled in the computer. I wondering if this car has remote start also and just the wrong FOBIK's. The reason I am thinking this is because I believe the car may had been a repo that was sold at auction because while looking behind the glove box for something else I happen to find the original window advertising sticker and paperwork from the previous owner that bought it new in Illinois. I'm thinking the dealer not knowing the options on the car or the auction house bought the cheapest FOBIK's they could get and programmed the WIN so the car would start and thats it. Is there any absolute way I can find out if it has remote start without taking the car back to the dealer?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Dodge - Recall

use the link. on the left side you will see equipment listing,click on that. enter your vin and you will see the factory options

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rcola330, thanks for the link. I looked up my Challenger and sadly I do not have the remote start option. From the rest of the research I have done it appears that I cannot add the factory remote start either. Can someone tell my why that is? I have seen other Challengers come from the factory with the Proximity Keyless Entry, Keyless GO and Remote start, why can't the oem system be added. Really would prefer the OEM solution because the last car I had with an aftermarket remote starter had nothing but electrical problems, I actually ended up taking the system out of the car.

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
On the good side. You have a challenger that you could use as a bargaining chip on a trade in for a more loaded one. Dealers are looking to push these things and will probably give you a good deal on that thing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts