Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've finally decided to purchase a grill, most likely the T-Rex mesh grill. At the same time, I was thinking about buying matching inserts for my hood.

Before I did that, I was doing some looking at functional hood scoops and now I don't know what I should or shouldn't get.

First of all, is it worth getting functional hood scoops with the V6? I know they help cool, but since I don't race it or run it that hard, not sure if I'd really get any benefit or not.

If I do get the functional scoops, can I still get the matching inserts? Or are the inserts only for cars without the functional scoops?

Any info is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
OK, Just going to talk about the hood scoops. You may or may not get any benefit from the function of them. The 6.1 and 6.4 probably won't get any noticable cooling form them. That is not the point. It is the fun of it. Do you want to tell people that the hood scoops work or not. That is the question for your self. If the answer is yes...then there you go.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Many ask if the scoops are functional, many don't care. If you don't open the hood up no-one will know for sure anyway. A hood scoop is going to do nothing for a six cylinder motor. Money would be better spent elsewhere if function is your concern, but if looks are your goal, it is always an option.

The Autoform shaker is functional, as are a couple of the aftermarket TA hoods (and now the mopar10 hood) but i doubt it really generates enough cool air to make that big a difference, i've had mine functional to the engine bay since i got the car...in fact i hardly drove the car before i put the hood on, so can't say if its better or not. It took a month just to break the car in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
matching hood scopp bezels

Hi, I'm in the same position however I have the 5.7/6sp. I've questioned the New Challenger Store for better pics and info about that and haven't recieved a reply. So to rephrase the question "Can you buy after market bezels for functional scoops"

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
imo get inserts that match your grill. the "functionality" of the hood scoops doesn't add that much

1 - 5 of 5 Posts