Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably a dumb question, but I was wondering if I can get wider tires on the same stock 18 inch rims? I was having a hard time getting an answer online. Anyone please help?

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,523 Posts
I ran some 255/50 Nitto tires on my 2011’s 18 rims. Any wider and you’re going to run into body sway issues on the stock rim width.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've been researching this a fair amount as well. All depends on wheel width and backspacing/offset.

So far, I seem to have learned that the ideal/practical width for all four corners would be 255/55r18, fitting well on both 7.5" and 8" wide wheels (OE 18s included), and not extending much off the fender line, if any at all.

I currently run 235/60r18 all four corners on 18x7.5 steelies. they ride great! I love the fit on the front, but seems somewhat narrow for the rear.

Once I get a new set of 18" wheels, I'll be swapping the rears with 255/55r18 (same overall diameter as front ones, as well as factory 245/45r20 tires) and will keep the fronts 235/60r18.

I've seen photos of rears with 255 wide tires and I like the tire width to the challenger's rear end width ratio lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts