Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a new 2010 Challenger R/T. In looking at the sites like here, ChallengerRegistry, and even Dodge's site for the 2010 models; I see where Bright White is not an option for the R/T when looking at the color options available, only Stone White shows up. Now if it is the R/T Classic, Bright White is an option.

The paint code on my door is PW7 (everything I found shows that as Bright White) and the sticker that was on the car also indicated Bright White. However, I do not see anything that tells me the car is an R/T Classic. I believe it is just an R/T. Now, I also got my title yesterday, which makes this even more confusing to me. Under the Model on the title, it shows CRT... I can't find anything that tells me what this specifically means. Do I have just an R/T (as the sticker shows) and for some reason they painted it Bright White instead of Stone White, or do I have a Classic and perhaps the sticker didn't show it and the model on the title means Classic R/T?

I just don't want to misrepresent my car on the registry, here or anywhere else and I certainly don't want to start ordering things for the car in Stone White when it is Bright White. It really appears to be Bright White, but I can't figure out why that is not an option on the Challenger Registry (sent the admin email about this) or why Dodge's website doesn't show Bright White for the R/T model. To make things worse, it is really kind of hard for me to tell the difference in shades of some colors due to being partially colored blind. To me, the Bright White looks really white and the Stone White looks like an off white, but I can't tell if that is just me or not.

·
Registered
574 Posts
i believe (dont shoot me if im wrong) bright white is the only white available to the challenger after a date in 2010 cant remember when.

stone white was switched to bright white to save cost at that point

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i believe (dont shoot me if im wrong) bright white is the only white available to the challenger after a date in 2010 cant remember when.

stone white was switched to bright white to save cost at that point

It sounds reasonable enough to me and even if you are wrong, I definitely wouldn't shoot ya! I appreciate the response. If it is the case, I wish Dodge's site would show it and the Challenger Registry would add it as an option. Right now, I had to select Stone White as my color on the registry because Bright White was not an option (as you can see in my signature). I just hate misrepresenting it.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Kwahaes,

First off, don't rely on Dodges website for difinitive information about model colors. They don't keep their information updated in a timely manner. Sometimes colors won't show up there until after they can be no longer ordered:(
To be certain that your Challenger may or may not be a classic model, look on the window sticker for the following option: "Customer Preferred Package 27M". If you have that $3300 option, then it is definitely the Classic package. If you don't have that, then you have the standard RT in Bright White.
And yes, the model year started out with Stone White, and changed mid year to Bright White.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the information. I didn't think it was a classic and your post has definitely confirmed that. I do not have that option on the window sticker. So, I guess my challenger registry info is just going to show inaccurately or maybe I will just delete it. Appreciate the responses though.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
"...To me, the Bright White looks really white and the Stone White looks like an off white, but I can't tell if that is just me or not.
Yes, Bright White is a "pure" white while the Stone White is an off white that has a subtle earth tone color in it. In the sunlight, both will look like a pure white and will be hard to tell apart. But with the sun low in the sky or under florescent lights, the Stone White will be noticeably darker.

The following pix are the same car under different lighting conditions. Stone White looks bright in the first pic's sunlight, while in the second pic florescent lights add a yellow cast that would still exist but be less pronounced with Bright White...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
DAMN!!!! The more I look at the white Challengers the more I like em. I saw an R/T Classic in white with black stripes today. Nice looking color!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all for the responses. I have just gotten rid of the challenger registry signature since it only has the Stone White option for the 2010 R/T. Everything makes more sense, although, I would still like to see the option on Dodge's site and on the registry. I sent the admin of the registry site a question about it, but never heard back so I guess that is just not maintained much any more. No big deal, just wanted to make sure I didn't have some strange anomoly going on here. I have had issues with my dealer from nearly day one so I also wanted to make sure they weren't trying to be even more shady than they already are.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts