Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the going opinions on KNK?

Are most looking at ST or LT when making their tune adjustments?

What are the acceptable ranges that are ok (if any) without leaving any hp or tq on the table?

Inquiring minds want to know...:scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Me too! you might get an intelligent response asking that question on diablosport.com If anyone knows they will, for sure !

·
Premium Member
3,088 Posts
I'm not doing any tuning but I wanted to make sure the fuel I'm running is adequate, especially in hot weather.

I get no LT knock and only intermittant momentary ST knock on WOT at shifts running 93 octane. About 4-4.5 max is what I see.

I suspect if you see LT knk, you have too much timing for the fuel you are running and/or the fuel is just crap.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I get no LT knock and only intermittant momentary ST knock on WOT at shifts running 93 octane. About 4-4.5 max is what I see.
Same here. Was told intermittent ST knock during shifts are pretty much the norm and not to be worried about it. I see no more the 3 degrees for about a sec or so, then goes away. Tried adding a few % of fuel, made no difference.

CAI & catback and 93 Predator canned tune-w/MDS disabled

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Alot of places ST or LTKnk can show up. I get some St knk when in to high of gear going up an incline, Till I drop a gear, and get the load off, even using Good 104 race fuel. I get knk.. One very Important factor is where is your knk showing its ugly face. At wot or under a part throttle load, or down the highway, 3500 rpm or 5400rpm. None is good, some is real bad. More to it than throwing fuel at the knk. That does sometimes take it away, but at what cost ? mpg, hp,, , but where is your a/f when you do this. Another need to know piece of data. You can see what is being commanded in the tune at that instant, the af gauge will tell you. Until you go Wot the pcm is always searching for 14.7 Then at wot, mine in the cmr is commanded to have 11.4 a/f Being boosted, I worry about tip in. Does Af get there fast enough ? and is that causing the knk.
Its all in the information, good logs with right pid selection. Then the experience to know what to change, a good CMR Tuner.
Answering the OP question below,

What are the going opinions on KNK? 1st know, when and where its happening at. What rpm, oct fuel, ambient temp, motor temp throttle pos.. ect. Good Logs and pid selection, first. Add fuel take away timing. Drums work best, Butt dyno,,not so good.
Are most looking at ST or LT when making their tune adjustments? Both. Back to good logs. Above.^^^
What are the acceptable ranges that are ok (if any) without leaving any hp or tq on the table? From when I been on the drums, or at the track. Always data logging. A deg pulled didnt kill my hp. But with good fuel, I seen 1 or 2 deg timing added, give up 10++hp

Again it also depends where and why the timing was pulled. Back to the logs.
FlatTop

1 - 5 of 5 Posts