Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recent Motor Trend (1/2011) has long term fleet duty report for Challenger. They report NO...NO...NONE maintenance, repair or wear out service needed.

Consumer Report "best and worst" issue gave Challenger poor marks for unrealiability, while not reporting ANY kind of trouble with test car.

Insert your Consumer Report rants here...

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Recent Motor Trend (1/2011) has long term fleet duty report for Challenger. They report NO...NO...NONE maintenance, repair or wear out service needed.

Consumer Report "best and worst" issue gave Challenger poor marks for unrealiability, while not reporting ANY kind of trouble with test car.

Insert your Consumer Report rants here...
Consumer Report rant.

·
Banned
197 Posts
CR has always seemed to dislike Chrysler/Dodge products. I think the owners are a better indicator.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
yes i seen it also it rated the gas mileage as marginal 25 and the camaros gas mileage as very good 25.. wtf? I blew a gasket when i seen that article

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I read a while back that brake dust is considered a bad thing on their reports. They said if consumers think it is bad then they reflect it in the ratings... Gas mileage is the same way.... um... that is NOT a defect.... If you buy an H2 Hummer I think one can assume that the gas mileage will be poor but they got a black eye over that.

Until the entire Chrysler lineup has 5 or so years of very good word of mouth reliability wise it is going to be a black eye for their products. I subscribe to Consumer Reports but take everything with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
9,662 Posts
I learned 25+ years ago that CR was slighty blinded by something. Wasn't sure what, but some of their picks and comments were well, just stupid about certain things.

When I read a CR review on the Challenger, and a comment was made about too much cabin engine/exhaust noise, I knew that Chrysler did their job right, and it probably wasn't loud enough for most Challenger owners LOL

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Consider the source a rag that has given Toyotas high marks and B Js year over year... probably a good thing they drive themselves!!!

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
IMO I'm glad they try to talk people out of haveing Challengers for fleet cars. I've never seen a Challenger that's all raged out and that makes us all look good. I drive a work HHR and have had many co. vehicles before that and I know they never look as good as my good car. I sure hate to see Challengers looking like most of the Crown Vics on the road.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
typical for CR imo

·
Premium Member
2015 SRT 392
665 Posts
CR loves the Mustang, so its not the type of car they dislike. Just sayin

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
^^^^^^^ you're not helping to make the point CR knows what they are talking about with that example LOL...just sayin

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Someone please pass the toilet paper, I mean consumer reports.

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
You can't trust C.R. Look at the cars they review and see the red dots (good) and the black dots (poor) and the variations in-between. If you check carefully, most Asian cars get an above average or "recommended" rating with a certain number of red dots, but most American cars with the same rating (red dots vs. black dots) gets either average or below average.

The Challenger actually has more red dots than some Asian cars with fewer red dots but the Asian cars get a higher rating. How does that happen? Certainly they are biased toward the Asian cars.

I haven't purchased C.R. in over 25 years because of similar bias in many products. I "read" it on occasion at the magazine rack (yea, I'm one of those guys) just to see how the car I have compares to others and am often perplexed at some of their conclusions.

·
Registered
102 Posts
CR does a decent job with appliances and some consumer electronics, and I will probably trust CR on my next dishwasher purchase, but not on a new car. Yes, they can test brakes, measure leg room and compile statistical data, but in the end they're not car people. I tell people that CR is just another tool (if you choose to use it) for your car research.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
i dont give cr much weight in consideration of major purchases,i'll do my own research,thats why i own a challenger and love it!
Agreed, my own consumer research was done by joining this forum and talking with owners. I'm satisfied my research will show positive results when my car is delivered. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
You people actually read CR? :notallthere:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts