Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Still looking for that perfect match. I now have a lead on a 2015 R/T Plus with Nappa leather interior and a manual trans (which I want). It is TorRed (my preferred color). It has 21,000 miles on it and the FCA dealer is asking $27,000 for it. It is "Certified" and comes with an unlimited mileage warranty. I would appreciate some feedback on the asking price (they absolutely will not budge from it).
I look forward to hearing your comments. Thanks, Bill Fenton, MI 48430
Here are few pictures from the dealer's web site plus the original window sticker.

2015 Challenger RT.jpg

2015 Challenger RT b.jpg

2015 Challenger RT c.jpg .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
IMO if it’s the color, trans , etc and you can afford it go for it .
I do not know prices but someone will chime in on that
It’s a great color.,looks like and after market exhaust by the tips maybe
The big thing for me is the warranty, that would be a big plus
I have a 2015 RT plus Auto with STP option I also have the life time warranty
I bought when I got the car.
I have 36000 miles , in August it will be 4 years and it’s not a DD

Good luck

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
in my general area that is about the going rate for a 15-16 base R/T manual.
The plus package would add a touch more, but not alot to the price.
The mileage is on the low side, (figure the national average is 10-12k annually)
Being certified is good, but Id also request/pull the carfax just to be on the safe(r) side as far as any reportable accident history, etc.
If the car meets your check list and appears legit, id say thats a pretty decent buy. good luck.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Seems like a reasonable deal. You could haggle a few dollars, but in the long run that might not make much difference if financing. If paying cash, show them the money. They are making money on it, but you are getting a pretty nice car. Get the Carfax and decide.

·
Super Moderator
12,929 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Is that normal that they list the car as an SXT Plus, with an optional 5.7L V8, which then turns it into an R/T, I guess??

I just thought it was strange that both of those links call it an SXT Plus... But maybe that's just how Dodge does it?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Adding the "plus" option is a game changer. That brings some extras that make the car so much more enjoyable. If I'm not mistaken, that would include heated and ventilated seats. Love the ones (that were standard in my SRT) in the summer.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Adding the "plus" option is a game changer. That brings some extras that make the car so much more enjoyable. If I'm not mistaken, that would include heated and ventilated seats. Love the ones (that were standard in my SRT) in the summer.
Agreed. This is the first time I've had a car with heated *and* ventilated seats (2018 GT). Absolutely LOVE the ventilated seats in the summer (and the heated seats in the winter)!!!

·
Super Moderator
12,929 Posts
Is that normal that they list the car as an SXT Plus, with an optional 5.7L V8, which then turns it into an R/T, I guess??

I just thought it was strange that both of those links call it an SXT Plus... But maybe that's just how Dodge does it?
For 2015 only they listed them as SXT yes, and the R/T was a "package". It was weird, the purchaser was just ordering/buying a R/T, or R/T plus

A Guy

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Another One Bites the Dust

Still looking for that perfect match. I now have a lead on a 2015 R/T Plus with Nappa leather interior and a manual trans (which I want). It is TorRed (my preferred color). It has 21,000 miles on it and the FCA dealer is asking $27,000 for it. It is "Certified" and comes with an unlimited mileage warranty. I would appreciate some feedback on the asking price (they absolutely will not budge from it).
I look forward to hearing your comments. Thanks, Bill Fenton, MI 48430
Here are few pictures from the dealer's web site plus the original window sticker.

View attachment 948281

View attachment 948283

View attachment 948285 .
I gave up on this one. The dealer said that they didn't negotiate and then the next day dropped the price $500 online. The dealer included a "Limited Lifetime Powertrain Warranty". I said that I didn't want to pay for the warranty but they said that it comes with every certified car at no cost to the customer. I said surely someone is paying something for it but they wouldn't budge. Then they send me their "deal" that included $299 for Theft Guard glass etching which best I can determine is a big money maker for the dealer and essentially a scam. I said that I didn't want this either but they said too bad it's already on the car and that they put it on every car they sell. When I checked the CarFax report that they provided online I saw that they received the car in October 2014 and didn't actually sell it until November of 2015.
So I'd enough of their nonsense and just walked! BTW, I did all of this communication by text and email without even driving 60 miles to this dealership. Glad I did.

I now have a lead on a beautiful Hemi orange '09 R/T from a private party. It has a 5 speed automatic. He's asking $17,900.
This is his ad:
I am selling my very well maintained 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T in HEMI orange. There is nothing wrong with it. Call or text with any questions or if you want to see it in person!

Features/specs:

5.7L HEMI V8 with only 52,000 miles

Upgraded premium exhaust (Corsa Xtreme Cat-Back Exhaust w/ polished rectangular tips) [$1,623 upgrade]

DiabloSport tuned for premium gasoline

Real carbon fiber OEM style spoiler with hemi R/T decal [$500 upgrade]

Leather interior with heated seats

0-60mph in 5.1 seconds

142 mph top speed

Sunroof

Attachments

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Maybe it's just me - or maybe a reflection or something, but something doesn't look right with the front marker light - and it also looks like there is a "cut" or "seam" or something coming off of the front of that marker light (the bumper cover is one big piece, so there shouldnt' be any "seam" there - unless pre-2015 models were different in that respect?). Just something that caught my eye. Maybe someone with a pre-2015 model can comment.

EDIT: Never mind - the pre-2015's *were* different in that area and it looks normal. Sorry for the confusion I may have caused!!

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
2014 SRT8 6 speed with 176 miles for $35K
Mopar CAI, exhaust and car cover

Options are:

Black chrome wheels, speaker, amps package and red strips, red seats, door cards.

I feel I paid to much, but since low miles and first owner we went for it...…………..

So its up to U on what U want on it, for us it was low miles, low mods, less driven like U stole it and one owner preferred.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I just purchased this 2015 for 20K. It was a base model RT. I spent 2K on the 8.4 screen, $1700 on leather vented seats, and 2K on a rebuild of the suspension (put a Mopar lowering kit on it). So at $25700 its about the equivalent of an RT Plus.

UM LOVE IT !!

Best part is YOURS, one of one !!!!

My first mod is on my 14 was de badge the grill, who is gona ever see that in the rear view mirror...…………………….LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts