Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I currently have a 2014 Challenger 100th Anniversary Edition R/T in High Octane Red with 18,000 miles on the clock. I've had this since new and it is in near mint condition and I do love this car. Lately, I've been looking into an SRT, however. I have my eye on a grey 2015 SRT 392 with 23,000 on the odometer. Asking price is about $36,000. Both are pictured here.

Does anyone have any comments or input on making the switch? I'm hesitant but really love the aggressive look of the SRT as well as the extra hp. My R/T has been very reliable and I'm hoping the SRT will be the same.

The only thing that turns me off about the SRT I'm looking at is that it has the suede black seats. I'm partial to the solid leather. But this seems like a decent deal on this car.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
If you've got the itch to trade, just make sure that you like everything about the car that you're trading for.

Otherwise...............................................???????

·
Registered
5 Posts
Considering trading my R/T for SRT...Please help

I’m in same boat. I have 2014 header orange rt classic and lookin at 2012 srt 392 with 16,000 miles. Not sure. Header orange is rare color now and mine has white side stripes

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,865 Posts
The interior upgrade, the power and better handling on the SRT are a major plus. Have you test drove the SRT?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The interior upgrade, the power and better handling on the SRT are a major plus. Have you test drove the SRT?
I drove a 2018 T/A today to get a feel for the 392. The interior is a bit more cavernous and dark then my 2014 and, as I said, I don't like the suede seats. But the power and torque are amazing and I like the vastly upgraded u connect system. Rear camera, lane change detection and getting nav (mine doesn't have nav) are awesome too.

My car has been reliable, I want the SRT to be as well. I'd get an extended warranty.

I know this is a subjective "get what you like" topic but I'd love to hear real experiences of people don't g the same or similar. And 2015 is the first year of the "new" Challenger. Don't know if there are any bugs from that year.

I've read tons of user and professional reviews and it is very difficult to find someone saying negative things about this car.

·
Registered
15,074 Posts
I made the switch from 14 R/T M6 to 16 SRT A8 and no regrets, the new interior, tech and toys is no comparison, recommend it all the way although I'd get some SRT stripes on it!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Klink

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Stripes are cheap and plentiful. Don't let the stripes be your guide. Look DEEPER lol. Good luck!

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
I drove a 2018 T/A today to get a feel for the 392. The interior is a bit more cavernous and dark then my 2014 and, as I said, I don't like the suede seats. But the power and torque are amazing and I like the vastly upgraded u connect system. Rear camera, lane change detection and getting nav (mine doesn't have nav) are awesome too.

My car has been reliable, I want the SRT to be as well. I'd get an extended warranty.

I know this is a subjective "get what you like" topic but I'd love to hear real experiences of people don't g the same or similar. And 2015 is the first year of the "new" Challenger. Don't know if there are any bugs from that year.

I've read tons of user and professional reviews and it is very difficult to find someone saying negative things about this car.

I went from a '10 5.7 A5 to a '16 SP A8. Loved the '10, and love the SP even more. IMO, the 392/A8 is just a killer street package in every way. Outstanding drivability on the streets/2 lanes/Interstates.

21k miles and no issues. Numerous road trips with it, and I do run the heck out of it otherwise.

Reactions: Klink

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
649 Posts
I had a 2011 R/T Classic (Tungsten) A5 with Mopar Stage 1 Springs and Mopar Performance Exhaust and now have a 2015 SRT (B5 Blue) M6. In between I had a 2016 Chevy SS.

There are only a couple of things I miss about the ‘11 —- the console cubby in front of the shifter, the coin holder in the console, the Classic wheels and R/T stripes, and the lack of payments.

The SRT has better power, handling, ride, seats and technology

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
I was "Iffy" on those suede seats at first (not sure if it's a visual thing for you or it's the feel of them) but if I have a choice, I'll NEVER go back to leather. Leather may look better, but that suede keeps my butt and body rooted. It's also a heck of a lot better in hot weather. Apart from that, as long as you get the warranty, the power and look of the SRT should win you over.:grin2:

Reactions: NoNeck

·
Registered
110 Posts
I was looking for a Challenger on CarGuru or eBay for months. Wanted an SRT or R/T with low milage but a nice car in my price range was biggest concern. I found an identical car to your 100th anny car with 15,000 miles. I knew the owner would take 25K. I was ready to make the offer but I had to check the internet one last time. There I found my present car. A 2013 SRT8 in red line pearl with black stripes and only 7500 miles. Just a bit more money than I wanted to spend but I'm extremely happy with it. More power, better brakes, better wheel/tire combo, I like this color better too.

You've had the R/T but you seem desiring of the upgrades that come with the SRT. You probably won't be satisfied until you make the jump. But of course it's up to you. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
458 Posts
I agree with you on the Suede seats that are supposed to be 'Performance" seats that grab you better. That's all well and good but my 2015 had the Sepia Laguna Leather and I loved them. I had to settle for the Suede in the 2016 and the biggest issue I have with them is shocking myself every time I get out of the car and temperature is below 50 degrees. Not crazy about the texture either. Myself I'm ether going to do a skin swap after finding a set on this forum or hellcat.org or go full Katzkin. That interior in under 2K and from what I have seen in others cars, excellent.

Oh BTW...... SRT, All The WAY!!!

1 - 20 of 94 Posts