Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,845 Posts
But look at how it attracts the enforcement people :)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
Not really having a problem with the coppers, it depends if you draw attention or not.
I don't blow the tires off every time I drive the car, I leave that to the squirrels that want to race me.
I know the car is a rocket but i am proud to say that at a steady 70/80 mph, I can get 25 mpg.
The car has it all.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dont do it. If your engine should be replaced and the regional tech rep states to swap the motor. AND you have a full blown lemon case in just about any place in the lower 48, they'll say its a valve cover that needs to be replaced.

They might even replace the whole rear end of the car and make it go slower for you. Shit, even the Service Manager thought it was running weak as he had driven the car before.

I also have 3 letters, one saying my old scat pack should be safe to drive and that they would replace it. Another from the arbitration company telling me to pick a replacement. And the final one from FCA legal after the NHTSA complaint where the air bag did not deploy and the seat belts did not latch after the rear end hopped me right of the road ina 150FT space, almost killing me.

Yeah, screw FCA man. I would not trade for a hellcat. All you get is a dog turd that looks liek the dog got into the glitter box.

If you want more info just ask. I have plenty.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
whut the?????

Dont do it. If your engine should be replaced and the regional tech rep states to swap the motor. AND you have a full blown lemon case in just about any place in the lower 48, they'll say its a valve cover that needs to be replaced.

They might even replace the whole rear end of the car and make it go slower for you. Shit, even the Service Manager thought it was running weak as he had driven the car before.

I also have 3 letters, one saying my old scat pack should be safe to drive and that they would replace it. Another from the arbitration company telling me to pick a replacement. And the final one from FCA legal after the NHTSA complaint where the air bag did not deploy and the seat belts did not latch after the rear end hopped me right of the road ina 150FT space, almost killing me.

Yeah, screw FCA man. I would not trade for a hellcat. All you get is a dog turd that looks liek the dog got into the glitter box.

If you want more info just ask. I have plenty.
What's a liek:lol:
How did all of this Shineola get into the room:info-smilie: :soapbox: >:)

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
liek

Dude, now I liek get it, my school was differnt back then.
Any way, I did see one of your post/video's on the Smoking Cat and I am happy to say that I have never had that problem with mine a 2016 model.
I do hope the problem is taking care of soon, for the price of these cars I would hope no major issues sense the engines are supposedly dyno tested before they are shipped out to the factory.
I just hope that you are not looking for any post with the word HELLCAT to tell everyone that they are Just Turds Rolled Up In Glitter.
My HELLCAT has 7200 miles on it and is the BEST MUSCLE car I have ever owned.>:)
Good Luck in your ordeal and keep us all posted.

·
Registered
58 Posts
As soon as I sell my 2010 SRT I will be getting a Hellcat. Many used with low miles out there and I'm willing to drive/fly . I'm also "trying" to wait until new models come out which may bring the $$ down a bit.

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
Get a cat

As soon as I sell my 2010 SRT I will be getting a Hellcat. Many used with low miles out there and I'm willing to drive/fly . I'm also "trying" to wait until new models come out which may bring the $$ down a bit.
If not mentioned before, look into what I did, I bought a left over 2016 in 2017 brand new, was $ 71000 paid $ 64000.>:) and a trade knocked it down more. :wiggle:

·
Registered
58 Posts
If not mentioned before, look into what I did, I bought a left over 2016 in 2017 brand new, was $ 71000 paid $ 64000.>:) and a trade knocked it down more. :wiggle:
Yeah, I've seen some new ones in the upper 50's, many used with under 1000, 2000, 3000 miles in low 50's. Hoping september'ish the price drops a little more.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just sold my 2016 Scat Pack Shaker and ordered a Red Eye. When the prices were released it was less than I thought it was going to be and since there is no limited availability like the Demon the dealer gave it to me for my employee cost and no other mark up. I have not driven a Hellcat but also have a 2003 Mustang Cobra I bought new with a few mods. I loved my Scat Pack and had no issues with it but really want the supercharged car. It sounds like the majority of you guys were happy with the move so I'm betting I will be too. My wife got a 392 TA in Plum Crazy earlier in the year and loves it. Hoping I can take delivery before winter sets in or it will be exceptionally long until Spring!

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
If one is looking for a used hellcat what years had the blower bearing problem- I read where blowers was being replaced by factory for issues, I would like to avoid those models years. Seen a few for 49K used and thought about trading my SRT 392 for one.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I went the other way, but not really by choice. Long story but 15 A8 HC to 18 M6 392 T/A

Hellcat did ruin me for every other car and almost instantly regretted selling it.
Aside from the suspension, the TA sort of like driving the cat with the black key and like 70% of the fun.
ZERO chance Id mod a scat vs buying a HC. HC is more than a motor., its a package that works together. and it works well.

·
Registered
168 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Well like the topic says I am considering making a trade up. I am kicking around 2 options of either putting a whipple on the scat or trading into a hellcat. When I consider it, it seems like just trading into a hellcat would be a better decision as its factory setup with the supercharger. I guess my question here is about a year ago it seemed really easy to get a great deal on a hellcat. Is that still true today. I was seeing guys walking off the lot with brand new 2016 models in 2017 for huge discounts. Has that ship sailed? Any buying advice would be appreciated.
IMO, I'd stick to a Scat Pack or T/A 392. I'm not sure a Hellcat is worth the price. The 2019 Scat Packs, although they still have the 392, now have some Hellcat and Demon attributes that certainly enhance its performance. With a Hellcat, you're looking at 13-14 mpg in town and hopefully you won't have to replace the front rotors in the near future. They're expensive. I have to admit, though, if I had the money just laying around in the bank, I'd probably get one, nevertheless, I'm really happy with my PCP Scat Pack!

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
I did the trade from Scat Pack to Hellcat. But the timing was perfect. The dealer had a large inventory of 16s, 17s and 18s were on the way. Dealer was very motivated to upgrade me. Great price on the Hellcat and an amazing trade in on my Scat Pack. For me it was worth it. Don't get me wrong, I loved my Scat Pack.

It really is a personal choice.

Several factors to consider.

I also was looking at adding a supercharger to my Scat Pack. By the time you add supercharger, and other engine upgrades the price is getting up there. Plus the auto tranny is stronger in the Hellcat.

Insurance -- for me it was less than $100 extra per year to upgrade to Hellcat.

Drive-ability -- Hellcat in economy mode is easier to drive in traffic than Scat Pack. Throttle response is subdued, early auto shifts. I get better mpg in town with my Hellcat (~17MPG) than Scat Pack (~15MPG). I know this can be activated via Tazer on Scat Pack, I didn't have that though.
And if you need more power, it is only a double tap of a switch away -- and full power is there.

That supercharger whine is addicting!

Brakes are less of an issue now. There is aftermarket support. Expensive yes, but C'mon you are looking at a Hellcat, not an economy car.
By the way, the 6 piston Brembos are amazing. I have over 15k miles on my car, and still plenty of pad left on original pads. Brake dust is bad. But with this much power, you need really really good brakes.

Good luck!

·
Registered
877 Posts
If you can do the work yourself would be saving a pretty penny. I’d trade it in so it comes with the power already and don’t have to worry about parts breaking when hitting power thresholds.

With the charger Widebody coming out there’s going to be more challenger HC at dealers too i think

·
Registered
13 Posts
After 6 months of owning my 2016 scatpack, i moved up to a 2016 HellCat. It just made more sense to me to go that route. Horsepower is expensive and i wanted what i felt was better longevity with a factory setup vs what i would put into a scat.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm mulling it over... I ordered a 2019 WBSP in Indigo Blue, its still not in yet .... it would be a 25K difference... I just don't think I need more than 485hp just to on the Long Island Expressway in traffic going nowhere :grin2:

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm mulling it over... I ordered a 2019 WBSP in Indigo Blue, its still not in yet .... it would be a 25K difference... I just don't think I need more than 485hp just to on the Long Island Expressway in traffic going nowhere :grin2:
Same here. My Scat Pack Wide Body has more than enough horsepower for me too. The Hellcat will be useless to use on the highway up here in New England. Especially during the winter time in the snow and ice. The Scat Pack Wide Body is the Goldilocks of the entire Challenger line.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I traded up my Scat Pack (2016) for a Hellcat (2017) within 6 months of buying it. I am a 40 year A Tech who could easily do all the work myself. I thought about the warranty more then anything else. The Hellcat is a whole lot more car then the Scatpack. I don’t want the Scatpack guys to get mad at me. I always say best bang for the buck. But you can never make a Scatpack into a Hellcat. No tuning worries either.
Hey I’m in the same shoes you where in , I have a 2016 b5 blue scat with 12k miles . I was interested in how you made that trade happen with only 6months in your scat ? Thanks

21 - 40 of 49 Posts