Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just kidding I love mine but I was just checking out Consumer Reports and they rate the 2010 Challenger as worse than the 2009 in terms of reliabilty, braking, handling, body panel fit and finish, etc. I find this funny because correct me if I'm wrong but nothing changed between the 2010 and 2009's mechanically right :scratchhead:. It also finished dead last when compared to other "high performance sport cars" like Camaro, Mustang, etc. "Predicted reliablity" was one of the big issue's.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think Consumer reports kinda generalized with it in terms of some other dodge issues that have bene happening latley my sister and borther inlaw have been through alot of doge vehicles and are unreliable but neither of them were the charger or challanger that being said the only 2 dodges I wouls ever consider buying would be a challanger or a viper

·
Registered
430 Posts
Well, they did make more in 2010, vs 08 and 09 combined, so...I guess you could infer from that, but I take CR with a grain of salt when it comes to stuff with US nameplates. Now, they do say that of all the BR model (94-01) Rams, the 99 model was the best for fit-finish and mechanical longevity, FWIW.

·
Registered
33 Posts
they actually seems to be having achange of heart with some american cars i have noticed some fords are steadaly climbing now

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
CR should stick to reviewing toasters....

·
Registered
558 Posts
For those of you not aware, the Challenger won their owner satisfaction survey once (2009, I think) and rated very highly the next year.

The story I like to tell, which is when I realized many years ago that CR was unreliable and biased (although obviously they believe they are not), was a review in the 1980s that included a Japanese Sedan and an American sedan. Of course they had lots of glowing things to say about the Japanese car, probably an accord or camry as I recall. They had the nerve to say, "surprising amount of trunk space for the Japanese maker". They ragged on every aspect of the american sedan, and could not bring themselves to at least credit it with having MORE trunk room and leg room. In other words, the American car had MORE room, but instead of noting it, they refused to note it, and then complimented the Japanese car for exceeding expectations (i.e. the low expectations). I don't recall them ever ragging on the Japanese design flaws leading to massive rust problems in the 70s and early 80s, although perhaps they did, since I only read their drivel in the dentist's office. I am a scientist by trade and I believe in fairness in review, so I am not blindly defending American cars, I know the score, and the history of Autos 1960s to the present, so I know where US cars have been. But specifically, CR has so much extra baggage in their opinions that they need a travel trailer to carry it all.

·
Registered
411 Posts
CR is biased and sucks...

That being said the Challenger has a long way to go in build quality and fit and finish. I have had two of them now. Both had body panel fitment issues, both had flaws with the paint. The first one had the usual plastic cracking issues. My 2011 has had problems with the door handles already documented here. All minor issues but issues that simply should not have existed to start with.

The Challenger is in my opinion one of the best looking cars on the road. It performs well for what it is. It is a good car. But it honestly could be better with just a little more attention to quality and detail.

·
Registered
153 Posts
ditto 69 bee....those dummies at CR spend all year testing (and owning) BMW's, Volvo's 'Benz's, etc and then someone gets the bright idea to rate a Dodge Challenger, a factory hot-rod, ...wha'd they think they were gonna find? duh! I'm surprised they could lower themselves.

·
Registered
504 Posts
CR should stick to reviewing toasters....
I would agree, but figure this for a moment......
car has 6000 miles on it..always heated garage.....

windhshield severe potting..replaced at 2000 miles.
battery cable tsb 2500 miles...
hood decal replacement at 4000 miles for adhesive bubbling....
primary amplifier replaced at 4500 miles for shorting out the heated seats
with is BUS ISSUE... both heated seats were in operable
both rockers cracked out and replaced at 5200.00 miles

what a load of crap for 45k............what the hell is next

·
Registered
466 Posts
jealousy sucks

7,359 Posts
So true...:werd:

LOl this is all based on a consumers report on the Challenger.Who-T-F reads that dribble?
I dont know about you guys but both my SRT8's are perfect!
Mags dont like dodge cause they dont spend ad money in most of the mags like Chevy and Ford do!
Dodge goes grass roots in their marketing and it is pissing off the rags!Only time I read a car mag is in the dentist office or taking a dump..

Are they skimping on the SE??
Why so many unhappy SE owners out there am I missing something here?Or is Ct just a haven for trolls I sure hope not!

Just be happy you have this car available,and if you dont like it there are other options out there like a camaro or mustang.

jealousy sucks

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Seems to me ALL the rags seem to hate the Challenger... haven't quite figured out why?

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
So true...:werd:

LOl this is all based on a consumers report on the Challenger.Who-T-F reads that dribble?
I dont know about you guys but both my SRT8's are perfect!
Mags dont like dodge cause they dont spend ad money in most of the mags like Chevy and Ford do!
Dodge goes grass roots in their marketing and it is pissing off the rags!Only time I read a car mag is in the dentist office or taking a dump..

Are they skimping on the SE??
Why so many unhappy SE owners out there am I missing something here?Or is Ct just a haven for trolls I sure hope not!

Just be happy you have this car available,and if you dont like it there are other options out there like a camaro or mustang.
Couldn't have said it better myself Mike..

Hell, I don't even read CR when I'm in the market for a vacuum cleaner, what makes them think I'm gong to pick one up when I'm in the market for a car! :notallthere:

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'd rather drive this p.o.s than a Mustang.

The SRT gets more looks from chicks.

·
Registered
363 Posts
This was Dodge's response to the CR review...

·
Registered
954 Posts
consumer reports is not reliable, i wouldnt waste my time reading it.i havent had any trouble from my 2010 challenger other than road hazzard damage to tires.fit and finish are excellent and i dont think camaros or mustangs are any better.

·
Registered
302 Posts
1 - 20 of 72 Posts