Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen any Challengers in CONTUSION BLUE, only a few pics and the Dodge site paint chart thing. Is this a metallic? I'm guessing it's darker than Deep Water Blue, but lighter than Jazz Blue? Please advise.

Oh yeah - and please post pics of your CONTUSION BLUE - thanx!

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
I just stopped by he dealer today (While they were closed to window shop). It is a neat color, if you like dark blue. Did not get any pics. There was a pitch black Challenger next to it and a GoMango one too. Best colors me and the wife saw were Octane Red on a Charger and some "Crimson" named color on a Ram. Sorry I did not take any pics though.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,743 Posts
Reactions: RockanRoll

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Yes, it is a heavy metallic, my wife's Charger is Jazz Blue (2015) which is the same thing as Contusion Blue. It's a really nice color, when the sun hits it the metallic really changes colors. It does make the wife's Charger look like the MSP Cruisers. Sorry for the bad pics, form my old cell phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Here is a pic of my '17 T/A 392 in Contusion Blue. In the right angle in the sunlight it looks kind of purple. Lot of metallic.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I got too much contusion black & blue when I was younger.
Not sure I could handle it these days.
:(

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm glad I saw this thread. I had no idea that Contusion Blue was the same as Jazz Blue because all the pictures I had previously seen online of Contusion Blue were so different from each other- some looked like near black, others had a more medium shaded hue in the sun. One question for clarity sake- when you guys say "metallic", do you mean that the paint has glittery specs in it?

I recall for the 2015 model year, there was a shade of black that looked like it had embedded glitter in the paint. I'm assuming that type of embedded glitter paint is what "metallic" means in the context of Contusion Blue?

·
Super Moderator
15,799 Posts
I'm glad I saw this thread. I had no idea that Contusion Blue was the same as Jazz Blue because all the pictures I had previously seen online of Contusion Blue were so different from each other- some looked like near black, others had a more medium shaded hue in the sun. One question for clarity sake- when you guys say "metallic", do you mean that the paint has glittery specs in it?

I recall for the 2015 model year, there was a shade of black that looked like it had embedded glitter in the paint. I'm assuming that type of embedded glitter paint is what "metallic" means in the context of Contusion Blue?
You remember correctly - Phantom Black was the only black color w/ pearl in it.

Contusion Blue / Jazz Blue is like that except is has both blue / dark blue colored metallic & pearl. It has more 'glitter' than Phantom Black has.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You remember correctly - Phantom Black was the only black color w/ pearl in it.

Contusion Blue / Jazz Blue is like that except is has both blue / dark blue colored metallic & pearl. It has more 'glitter' than Phantom Black has.

Thanks, Hal. I quite like the "glitter" effect in paint. Knowing this now, Contusion Blue is one of my narrowed down choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
Let's not confuse "metal flake" and "metallic".

Metal flake has what alost looks to be pieces of samll metal foil shavings in the paint. Think of a 1970's style multi-colored, brown, mustard and gold custom paint job on a Corvette. I would say I haven't seen "Metal Flake" since it's heyday in the 70s-early 80s.

Metallic will have specks of reflective metal like small glitter.

On my Jazz Blue Pearl, the car does go from a dark, almost navy blue that looks flat when it's overcast, to a very shiny, metallic, almost medium blue colors in the brightest reflections on a clear, sunny day.
It's the mood ring of colors!
A car wash and some sun really perks up the color!

Flake:

or this:

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
I like the color, but I think back at the B7 blue of a Charger that I once had (bought from my brother), and I always thought it was a better color than B5 as it was a touch darker and richer looking. This color is similar, but a bit darker than B7.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts