Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
13,961 Posts
Ok, please post the part number of your touch up paint so we can get to the bottom of this.

The Mopar touch up paint application guide shows for 2016 Jazz Blue that the touch up pen/brush is 68183807AB and the spray would be 68183808AB.

Yours the same?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
588 Posts
A friend of mine.

Click on the pic to see the pic larger

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Jazz Blue paint code is "PBX". That info is not just from memory, it's also verified off of the door jamb where FCA lists the point code. 2015 Jazz Blue SXT+.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I personally know zip about the blues discussed, but this link lists the paint codes as interchangeable. Both Jazz Blue and Contusion Blue are PBX/KBX:

2017 Chrysler Jazz Blue paint

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ok, please post the part number of your touch up paint so we can get to the bottom of this.

The Mopar touch up paint application guide shows for 2016 Jazz Blue that the touch up pen/brush is 68183807AB and the spray would be 68183808AB.

Yours the same?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
My wife has a 2017 Journey with Jazz Blue...paint code PBX, which I believe is the same code for Contusion Blue. I just ordered touch-up paint for it, same Mopar part number you mention. I'm not sure why Chrysler calls the same color by different names...I think it just adds confusion. I understand at a basic level that it's a marketing thing, but still. My Challenger in Destroyer Grey is the same color as the 300's Ceramic Grey, both are PDN paint codes. But the first time I saw a Ceramic Grey 300, I thought it looked darker than my car. Must be the difference in the shape of the car, ambient lighting and how clean the car is. Really can trick the mind!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Mine.

Contusion and Jazz Blue are the same color.

I agree, Dodge shouldn't have changed the name if they were just going to run it for another year.
Very sharp, Praise! Check out the pic of my wife's Jazz Blue Journey. Great color...fabulous in direct sun with the flake.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
586 Posts
I owned a body shop for 25 years, can tell you for sure the names of paint mean nothing and the paint codes are not 100% definitive either. There were 7 versions of (Code PFA) on my 2000 Dakota. VIN number was needed to get the correct version.

My 2016 Scat Pack was custom ordered, window sticker states it is Jazz Blue, the build sheet states it is Contusion Blue. The ID sticker states it is code PBX.

The attached paint cross reference shows Jazz Blue, Contusion Blue, PBX, and KBX being one and the same. With that said I wouldn't be surprised if there were numerous versions of each in spite of this chart equating them a single PPG, RM, BASF, and Autocolor mix number.

All this paint color confusion is nothing new, Ma Mopar has played this color game for as long as I can remember. Does anyone remember Plymouth Mulan Rouge and Dodge Panther Pink? They were the same.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,789 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
586 Posts
I like it, but it's a pain in the ass to keep clean. :shinner:
I like it very much when it's clean but when dirty IMO it's even more unattractive than a dirty black car.

·
Super Moderator
14,812 Posts
I owned a body shop for 25 years, can tell you for sure the names of paint mean nothing and the paint codes are not 100% definitive either. There were 7 versions of (Code PFA) on my 2000 Dakota. VIN number was needed to get the correct version.

My 2016 Scat Pack was custom ordered, window sticker states it is Jazz Blue, the build sheet states it is Contusion Blue. The ID sticker states it is code PBX.

The attached paint cross reference shows Jazz Blue, Contusion Blue, PBX, and KBX being one and the same. With that said I wouldn't be surprised if there were numerous versions of each in spite of this chart equating them a single PPG, RM, BASF, and Autocolor mix number.

All this paint color confusion is nothing new, Ma Mopar has played this color game for as long as I can remember. Does anyone remember Plymouth Mulan Rouge and Dodge Panther Pink? They were the same.

Hope this helps.
More recently B5 Blue was also called Surf Blue and used on PT Cruiser and Dodge Caliber - same paint code.

The early broadcast sheets on '09 / '10 Challengers had Surf Blue on those papers.

The various paint codes on Challengers all start with letter P

·
Registered
268 Posts
Should be called CONFUSION BLUE

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
586 Posts
Should be called CONFUSION BLUE
For sure, but I guess that statement applies to any color. According to a paint chart 1969 Plymouth color
name Blue Fire was code B5. Now paint color name B5 Blue is code QD. :mecry:

21 - 40 of 45 Posts