Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Are you looking at making this a "factory install"? If so, I'd imagine it depends on if the wiring is there (under the carpet), plus any switches needed, along with some decent priced heated leather seats from a bone yard in the color you want.

Otherwise, there are heated pads that you can buy off of Ebay that ether you or upholsterer can put in the seat bottoms. If factory wiring and switches are not there, then yon an wire this yourself.

I did the Ebay purchase a few years ago on the 2007 F-150. I found the side plastic seat bezels that had the heated seat on/off switch, and ran my own power lead to these. I don't use this, but my wife loves her heated bum in the cold Florida winters :whistle:

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
10,512 Posts
A member asked me this in a PM and here was my response from info I pulled for 2017-2018 (not sure if it is applicable to all years?). Now 2015 seems to be a little different than other years because if you try to upgrade a newer radio you lose the ability to control heated seats..etc.

According to mopar connector repair site the pinouts between 2017 and 2018 are the same and so are the connector repair P/Ns.

Mopar Connection Repair Kit

connectors.dcctools.com

Always a good idea to disconnect the battery when installing new components, by doing so you will make sure the can bus in not active. Although I don't think swapping in seat covers with heater elements will do it. You will most likely need to get a heated seat module (see snippet from chilton's online manual) and might need the BCM (or radio) configured to let it know the vehicle has heated seats.

DESCRIPTION
Vehicles with the optional heated seat system can be visually identified by the two heated seat switches located in the Radio Receiver Module (RRM), in the center of the instrument panel. The heated seat system allows the driver and front seat passenger to select from two different levels of electrical seat heating (HI and LO).

The heated seat system includes the following major components:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts