Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to convert my 2013 RT to a Shaker hood. I am going all Mopar but wanted to know the approximate cost. Anyone else converted and can give me info? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,581 Posts
if you're going with OEM parts - between labor, materials, parts and paint probably $3,800 - $4,200

the list price for the Shaker setup (airbox, base plate, bracket, scoop, seal) is $1,900 and ranges $1,400 - $1,500 depending on where you buy it from.

One of the guys in my area bought a used '17 Scat Pack and did the OEM Shaker conversion on his - he was able to get a warranty return (scratch it shaker bubble) for a substantial discount. He couldn't find any used 392 Shakers in the color combo he wanted, so he did his own.

Note: there are early version and late version hoods - the '14 style has the windshield washer nozzles on top of the hood like your '13 already has.

The '15+ style has the nozzles under the hood, so you'd need to get the additional parts (nozzles and tubing) to convert to that style (for a cleaner look)

·
Registered
On Order - 2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
293 Posts
if you're going with OEM parts - between labor, materials, parts and paint probably $3,800 - $4,200...
Paint can be pretty expensive, especially to tint/blend to match the seven year old paint on the car. A shop would likely install the hood, then blend it with the fenders. Color sand, and clear coat. Lots of money in labor to do it right. Do it cheap and in a few years the blend on the fenders will be obvious and icky looking.

However, looking at the 50th Anniversary editions.... Flat black hoods are the trend. You might be able to go that route and save a pile of change. Drop it at a shop, tell them to paint it flat black, and then install it on the car yourself. You could even have the shaker painted the body color. They could simply do that by paint code as it is not adjoining any existing paint - thus needing a tint/blend.

Then get some "43rd Anniversary Special Edition" decals made just to screw with people. LOL!

·
Vendor
12,322 Posts

·
Vendor
12,322 Posts
be prepared to see extended back order issues for the rest of the year and possibly into next year

·
Vendor
12,322 Posts
stock orders pending now for several months and no eta

·
Premium Member
2008 Challenger SRT8 #1101
317 Posts
Paint can be pretty expensive, especially to tint/blend to match the seven year old paint on the car. A shop would likely install the hood, then blend it with the fenders. Color sand, and clear coat. Lots of money in labor to do it right. Do it cheap and in a few years the blend on the fenders will be obvious and icky looking.

However, looking at the 50th Anniversary editions.... Flat black hoods are the trend. You might be able to go that route and save a pile of change. Drop it at a shop, tell them to paint it flat black, and then install it on the car yourself. You could even have the shaker painted the body color. They could simply do that by paint code as it is not adjoining any existing paint - thus needing a tint/blend.

Then get some "43rd Anniversary Special Edition" decals made just to screw with people. LOL!
The decal alone eould add 43hp, correct??? 👍

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
453 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts