Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I know a guy in my area with a B5 convertible and while he says it nice, theres a lot of cons as well. Theres the added weight due to having to add reinforcement to the frame. This makes bottoming out on speed bumps and certain roads a issue because the added frame reinforcement sticks out of the bottom of the car a little. Then theres the new creaks, rattles, wind noise and water issues. It does look cool though and he got a lot of attention at the car show last summer. I love my hard top, thats straight up muscle car. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
757 Posts
yeah, I don't think that's the way I'd want to go. I'm pretty content with sunroof in my Challenger. However. I'm considering a convertible classic muscle car, with a modern driveline as something next to build/acquire..

·
Registered
138 Posts
If I don't end up buying a new house next year, I've been looking into getting a low mileage SRT10 Ram to experiment with. One of the first things I'm thinking of doing to it is turning the roof into a removable hard top. I wonder how much something like that would cost? A manual V10 open top truck sounds like my kind of ride.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know a guy in my area with a B5 convertible and while he says it nice, theres a lot of cons as well. Theres the added weight due to having to add reinforcement to the frame. This makes bottoming out on speed bumps and certain roads a issue because the added frame reinforcement sticks out of the bottom of the car a little. Then theres the new creaks, rattles, wind noise and water issues. It does look cool though and he got a lot of attention at the car show last summer. I love my hard top, thats straight up muscle car. :thumbsup:
Hi Corn. That's my car. Nice meeting you this summer. I wish I could argue against everything you said but I can't. I agree while it is nice on those few days to have the top down, it is a bit noisy with the top up.

I did have to send my car back to Florida and have some things "corrected" that weren't done right. It's fixed now and I'll get it back soon however, I've decide to move on to something else. I'm having a local dealer sell it for me so I can upgrade to either a IE 392 or a 2011 SRT in Toxic Orange.

Hopefully I can sell it because I too miss my hard top.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts