Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '11 SE and was wondering what cool or nice looking shift handles are out there for the automatic challengers (ones that werent mean for manuals). Not sure if many people even do this and I dont want the "T" shifter, dont like the look. Any help/pictures would be more than appreciated. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have the gunslinger shift knob with a 6sp boot.

Attachments

Reactions: RHARLOW0045

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The look of the Hurst shifter is pretty cool. Thanks for the post. Seems a bit pricey, but what isnt with these cars haha

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Ditto on the Gunslinger, love the feel

Reactions: RHARLOW0045

·
Registered
276 Posts
This is my Billet Polished Tee-handle, Love the look and feel :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i prefer the T handle....what i dont like about the gunslinger for an automatic is its a stick shift handle....

i really dont like the stock minivan style handle it comes with...i dont know what Dodge is thinking....my Toyota Sienna had a sportier shift handle

the T handle just looks right in the car....ive gotten many compliments on it from friends/relatives...they look at the interior and the shifter is always what they comment on

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
isnt putting a boot over your automatic like 'pretending' you have a stick shift?

i dont like the look...the cue ball looks good though

what id like is a SS version of the stock minivan shifter...something simple and yet bold

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
isnt putting a boot over your automatic like 'pretending' you have a stick shift?

what id like is a SS version of the stock minivan shifter...something simple and yet bold
no, i am happy i have the auto and will be the first to tell you. i think it looks 100% better.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I vote for the hurst/comp plate and ball set up. I think you can get a full polished plate and a white or black ball shift handle...

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
I REALLY like this. Does anyone have any ideas as what would need to be done to make this work on a 2011?

I don't think there were any changes made to the auto shifter for '11 no reason this wouldn't just work.

If I am mistaken, someone please correct me.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I kinda like that look....

·
Registered
813 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Inexpensive and looks great. I have a yellow #1 ball shift knob.

8 Ball Shift Knobs
Would you be able to post a pic in the car of your shift knob installed? I would really like to see how it looks; kind of the idea I was going for.

·
Registered
323 Posts

There are tons of cars out there automatics that came from the factory with a boot. heck my 96 grand am was an automatic with a boot from the factory. it just gives it a cleaner look really.

im looking at going with that hurst setup with the t-shifter.

·
Registered
298 Posts
here's what i have...cue ball with 6 speed boot to cover up the plain jane shift plate

this looks very clean! One of my next mods. And it helps with not getting dust and crap in between the auto shift plate, when I am cleaning my car, I always get dirt in there. I was going to do it sooner, but then lost inetrest when hurst would not just sell me their black hurst knob with out the plate.
HEMI2NV, can you pm me with cost on this set up was? and since we are on the subject so I dont have to look back and search, this is the factory 6 speed boot right, just go to dealer and buy the boot and it comes with everything? and of course I just buy the shift knob that I want. thanks!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Would you be able to post a pic in the car of your shift knob installed? I would really like to see how it looks; kind of the idea I was going for.
Sure, here you go. Taken with my phone this morning.

Attachments

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks sweet! Does having the boot instead of the shift plate in any way affect the easiness of shifting to the other gears?

1 - 20 of 148 Posts