Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I noticed when detailing my engine out that the coolant looked kind of crappy, dis colored and had white junk floating in it. Took it to the dealer and was told its a condition that they have noted on the Avenger and Charger but not the Challenger. Apparently there is a star case for those models but this is the first time my dealer has seen it on the Challenger. So the repair procedure is drain and flush, repeat until clean, replace the reservoir, radiator, and all cooling hoses, and then keep my fingers crossed that the block is not the source of the contamination. So unfortunately the radiator is in Chicago and the reservoir is in Portland so it's sitting at the dealer waiting on parts. On a side note, I told the dealer that I was going on a trip down to LA and then over to Vegas ( through the desert ) and then back home, the dealer told me taking the car on the trip would be fine, am I crazy to think there is no way that a car with coolant issues should be taken through the Mojave and 120+ degree conditions? Needless to say I left the car and got a rental. Was I wrong to think the dealer didn't have my best interests at heart?

·
Registered
610 Posts
So I noticed when detailing my engine out that the coolant looked kind of crappy, dis colored and had white junk floating in it. Took it to the dealer and was told its a condition that they have noted on the Avenger and Charger but not the Challenger. Apparently there is a star case for those models but this is the first time my dealer has seen it on the Challenger. So the repair procedure is drain and flush, repeat until clean, replace the reservoir, radiator, and all cooling hoses, and then keep my fingers crossed that the block is not the source of the contamination. So unfortunately the radiator is in Chicago and the reservoir is in Portland so it's sitting at the dealer waiting on parts. On a side note, I told the dealer that I was going on a trip down to LA and then over to Vegas ( through the desert ) and then back home, the dealer told me taking the car on the trip would be fine, am I crazy to think there is no way that a car with coolant issues should be taken through the Mojave and 120+ degree conditions? Needless to say I left the car and got a rental. Was I wrong to think the dealer didn't have my best interests at heart?
they didnt provide a rental? my dealer gives me a rental when my car is up there for warranty ..if they cant find the parts they keep me in the rental since its on the best interest for the engine not to fail due to coolant issues.. if it has crap on it it could clog the thermostat of worse clogged some line and blow the engine:huh:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, they paid for the rental but I think they wanted to let me take my car to save the rental charges, even tho the factory covers the rental, they were looking at more than a week with waiting on parts and I think they are on the hook for any charges after 5 days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts