Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys just need help can anyone tell me what kind of coolant for 2016 challenger scat pack. I have a pink color. I need to add but I don’t know what kind. If you can send me a link so I can get the part number. I know what I only can use a pink color coolant. Thank you for help.

·
Super Moderator
15,591 Posts
Your coolant was originally purple - the dyes fade within a years' time and ends up pink. My '16 had Cool-Aid purple coolant color and by month 10 it was fading to a pink color.

there's two versions concentrate or 50/50 ready to use. If you get concentrate, you just dilute with distilled water to a 50% solution
68175336AA Concentrate (OAT)
68175337AB 50/50 (OAT)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if I want to add it some. Is it ok mix with purple? Thank you for good information.

Your coolant was originally purple - the dyes fade within a years' time and ends up pink. My '16 had Cool-Aid purple coolant color and by month 10 it was fading to a pink color.

there's two versions concentrate or 50/50 ready to use. If you get concentrate, you just dilute with distilled water to a 50% solution
68175336AA Concentrate (OAT)
68175337AB 50/50 (OAT)

·
Super Moderator
15,591 Posts
yes its the same coolant your original had faded from purple to pink.

I see Hellcats all the time where there's two separate systems - the intercooler circuit and the engine circuit.

The intercooler coolant remains purple and the engine coolant turns pink. It must the the iron block or the higher temperature that makes the dye change color. The intercooler would be only aluminum parts its exposed to

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,803 Posts
Funny thing, My 2018 PCP has purple, my co-workers 2012 YJ has yellow.

2 for 2 on coolant matching car, both with 392

·
Registered
651 Posts
No coolant needed, just add a little distilled water.

Reactions: Parrott_350

·
Registered
14,410 Posts
Not familiar with those part numbers.

These numbers I know are right,

68163848AB concentrate
68163849AB diluted 50/50
Funny thing, My 2018 PCP has purple, my co-workers 2012 YJ has yellow.

2 for 2 on coolant matching car, both with 392
2012 is HOAT, 2013-up is OAT.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2011 392 SRT, 2010 R/T Classic, 2019 R/T Plus, 2016 SXT Plus
426 Posts
Agree.

Then the OP needs to find the coolant leak. I'd start at the water pump seals...
Could have been from a 180 thermostat swap without using a bag to catch the antifreeze.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You could argue that once the distilled water is in the engine its no longer very distilled - and add tap water. So far, its not caused me, or rather, my cars, any issue.

·
Registered
2019 M6 Scat Pack
285 Posts
You could argue that once the distilled water is in the engine its no longer very distilled - and add tap water. So far, its not caused me, or rather, my cars, any issue.
What? Adding distilled water is standard procedure for a small coolant top off. Tap water has minerals and other crap in it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
This is excellent information :

"Not familiar with those part numbers.
These numbers I know are right,

68163848AB concentrate
68163849AB diluted 50/50
2012 is HOAT, 2013-up is OAT. "
Thanks Slidd, I appreciate it ! ( Good for your Jeep also ) (y)
Best regards
parrott

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,555 Posts
What? Adding distilled water is standard procedure for a small coolant top off. Tap water has minerals and other crap in it.
If the coolant system is being refilled from a drain & fill/flush, and the next expected coolant service is at the end of the new coolant’s service life (3-5 yrs or 50-100K miles), then yes, using anything other than distilled water could cause problems later down the road.

However, it takes a long time for OTD (Other Than Distilled) water to lead to problems in a coolant system, so adding tap water to a system with coolant halfway through its service life, especially for the purposes of topping it off, should be fine.

If the system’s coolant is still relatively new and has several years worth of operation to go, and if a significant amount of water is needed to bring it up to full, using tap water would not be advisable IMHO.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts