Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2011 SXT
2,955 Posts
Alrite so i have a quick question. I saw my coolant level is low so I was wondering.wen adding coolant am I supposed to wash it out ir can I mix the new with old?
Depending on how old the coolant is might be good to drain and flush the old then refill with fresh coolant not that huge of a expense...

·
Super Moderator
15,739 Posts
What year is your Challenger? You should add coolant to the proper level unless you are due for a change. Don't drive your car if the level is low. Model years 2008-2012 use HOAT coolant that require replacement every 5 years or 102,000 miles, whichever comes first. From 2013 on, Challengers use OAT coolant that is good for 10 years, or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Depending on how old the coolant is might be good to drain and flush the old then refill with fresh coolant not that huge of a expense...
Its 2019 rt..so I can mix it?

What year is your Challenger? You should add coolant to the proper level unless you are due for a change. Don't drive your car if the level is low. Model years 2008-2012 use HOAT coolant that require replacement every 5 years or 102,000 miles, whichever comes first. From 2013 on, Challengers use OAT coolant that is good for 10 years, or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first.

View attachment 1007237
Yea mine is a 2019 so I got OAT some purple looking one

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,231 Posts

·
Registered
2011 SXT
2,955 Posts
In other words depending on age of the car and mileage on the car if not super low on fluid take to a local shop and drain and flush the cooling system and refill to full amount with fresh Anti Freeze / Water so it keeps contaminats out and scale deposits hence better for the engine and cooling system .......

·
Super Moderator
15,739 Posts
Since your Challenger is a 2019, your coolant is good until 2024 (5 years) There is no need to flush your system now after only 1-2 years. Just top it off with a pre-mix of OAT coolant and distilled water.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
1,028 Posts
The coolant system section of the Challenger owners manual is excellent. It specifies simple checks and observations to help determine when maintenance is required as well as very specific guidance on coolant selection. It is well written and easy to follow.

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,231 Posts

10 year / 150,000 mile coolant....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts