Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone run into the same problem?
Any advice how to fix? Car have 150 thousand miles.

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,536 Posts
There are no coolant lines all the way back on the transmission. It might be coming from a heater hose up against the firewall and blowing back on the transmission while driving.

Check the hoses going into/coming out of the firewall at the heater core. They will be toward the middle of the firewall but slightly to the right if looking at the engine from the front of the car.

Reactions: F8HemiRT and A Guy

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,536 Posts
That liquid is awful green to be moisture condensation from the air on the A/C components.

Putting aside the fact that any coolant that engine uses shouldn’t normally be that color of green (gold, orange, or purple is more like it), is the coolant reservoir low or in need of more coolant to bring it up to full?

If that liquid is water from the moisture condensation on A/C, it picked up that chartreuse green somehow, most likely from dropping down across it dried on other components. That’s still off-nominal, as nothing should be leaking and drying for it to drip through and turn green.

IDK, keep an eye on it. Watch all the fluids and listen for any strange sounds or behavior from the car, as there may be a problem brewing...

Reactions: Punka

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Engine oil filter housing assembly was leaking.😕 I didn't have time to fix my self so i take it to Dodge service.

They added greenyellow or greenish coolant. I dont think color green has a terrible effect but yes gold,orange or purple is normal colors.

Yes, now i will keep my eye on A/C. I hope its not hard to fix or expensive..

I belief its A/C condensation water mixed with my windshield fluid.I dont remember what color it was but i will investigate...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts