Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a coolant leak and can't find the problem. It in the middle of the passenger door dripping out of a black deal. There are 2 of them on that side and both are leaking. It's a 2010 RT. 5.7

Light Darkness Automotive lighting Night Room

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
10,010 Posts
Are you sure it’s coolant?

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,426 Posts
I have a coolant leak and can't find the problem. It in the middle of the passenger door dripping out of a black deal. There are 2 of them on that side and both are leaking. It's a 2010 RT. 5.7

View attachment 1004321
"Coolant" leaks out of the door is not a normal (or even abnormal to my knowledge) coolant leak path.

However, it can be a water leak path. Water leaks from the door bottom suggests the door seals are bad and excess water is getting into the door or water is getting from the wet side of the door the dry side of the door.

Give the doors a shake and listen for any water sounds.

With one car I had dampness of the carpeting along the bottom of the doors. I knew what this was from. I had the car in and the tech replaced the door membrane which had failed -- due to age -- and which was letting water from the wet side of the door get into the dry side.

If this condition is not addressed promptly it can cause electrical gremlins to appear. Initially these are with the door lock and windows affecting their behavior, but if ignored can have the gremlins at other distant and seemingly unrelated areas of the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.