Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
Yes, as the coolant cools off, the level will go down on the tank.

Looks like yours is at the low point of the safe zone. I fill mine to the high point of the safe zone.

The tanks are hard to read, so I spent a ton for an easy to see level in zones. Lol

20201121_230326.jpg

Works for me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Looks like yours is at the low point of the safe zone. I fill mine to the high point of the safe zone.

The tanks are hard to read, so I spent a ton for an easy to see level in zones. Lol

View attachment 1024932

Works for me.
Im going to have to do that myself lol. What do you fill it up with? Coolant or water or a 50/50?

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
Im going to have to do that myself lol. What do you fill it up with? Coolant or water or a 50/50?
I used the Mopar coolant that was specified for the '16 SP. It's in the manual but don't remember which one it is. It's premixed.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,321 Posts

View attachment 1024932

Works for me.
LOL I like that. Beats my method since I can't see it. I just fill it completely and let it throw out the extra. I think mine is on the low side too since the whole super charger install thing.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
LOL I like that. Beats my method since I can't see it. I just fill it completely and let it throw out the extra.
That is great!
Just let the engine figure out the right level itself. Back in the day, I had a car with no overflow tank when I did a coolant flush on the radiator. It was pretty much the same thing. I would be leaking coolant for a day or 2, then I was fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts