Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wasn't really sure where to post this but here goes . . . . I replaced the top radiator hose with a bradied one. To do this I just placed a bucket underneath and took off the hose and replaced it. During the process I lost about a quart or so of coolant. do I need to replenish the amount lost? if so would I just add as normal? I still have a good amount in my reservoir. Any help would be appreciated.
Thx!

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
As long as the coolant level is within the cold range when cold then you'll be fine, if it's below that then you'll want to top it off with a 50/50 mix of distilled water and Zerex G-05 coolant or just buy pre-diluted G-05. The coolant level in the reservoir needs to be within the correct range for proper cooling.

Reactions: Retro_R/T

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
much appreciated, that is what i thought . . . I'm righ there so a little top off won't hurt

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
don't forget you may have to BURP the system. if you let your car idle and get up to temp and the level in the tank don't go down or it smells hot. there is a set screw in the front of the water pump you have to pull. then if you have a air compressor take the cap off the coolant tank. stick the air hose just down inside the tank and cover with a rag and blow into the tank until it forces a good flow of coolant out that hole. that gets all the air trapped out of the system

chris

Reactions: Retro_R/T

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chris, read this late last night and you were spot on . . .was driving to Dallas today and when I saw this LATE last night I went out to address it. I didn't have a compressor so I just hit the engine for a few seconds it came right out. No issues at all on my drive to an early morning show

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Glad it work out for ya. Alot of people dont do this after various work on the coolant system and it need to be done

sent from mobile device

1 - 6 of 6 Posts