Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a good coolant replacement for a 09 Challenger SE other than the MOPAR Hoat coolant sold by the dealer?

·
Super Moderator
13,849 Posts
Zerex G-05 HOAT, a Valvoline product, is a good substitute. It is available at most automotive stores, including WalMart for a reasonable price. The Ford version is yellow, the MOPARhttp://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=chrysler version is orange.

HOAT coolant, Hybrid Organic Acid Technology, is a Hybrid OAT (i.e., it is OAT with some silicates in it). It is called a hybrid coolant because it contains ingredients from newer OAT ethylene glycol antifreeze types and the conventional ethylene glycol green formulas with nitrates added.

Extended life PEAK or Prestone will also work. They are OAT coolants with no silicates. The present trend in coolants is low to no silicates in order to last 5 years or 150,000 miles.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I second the G-05. My local Autozone did not have it. Got mine at O'Riellys, look online sometimes a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
305 Posts
Zerex G-05 HOAT, a Valvoline product, is a good substitute. It is available at most automotive stores, including WalMart for a reasonable price. The Ford version is yellow, the MOPARchrysler | eBay version is orange.

HOAT coolant, Hybrid Organic Acid Technology, is a Hybrid OAT (i.e., it is OAT with some silicates in it). It is called a hybrid coolant because it contains ingredients from newer OAT ethylene glycol antifreeze types and the conventional ethylene glycol green formulas with nitrates added.

Extended life PEAK or Prestone will also work. They are OAT coolants with no silicates. The present trend in coolants is low to no silicates in order to last 5 years or 150,000 miles.
Thanks @Cuda340
I am having my radiator/coolant flush done today. (y)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts