Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new coolant tank and was wondering if it will cause a problem if there's air in the system (between tank and whatever that hooks to) when you change it out? Is there a proceedure to use when replacing it to keep all air out or get it out afterwards?
Thanks
Rick

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
It should burp out any air with use of the vehicle - into the recovery tank.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I never saw a radiator cap on a tank like that and was afraid it might be like some radiators and the air not let you have enough coolant and over heat the engine.

·
Registered
714 Posts
squeeze the upper rad hose a few times after you've got it in place just to burp it, I can't remember if the Chally has a bleed screw for the cooling system, but if you don't drain it completely, you might not need to anyway

·
Registered
726 Posts
The system will purge the air as you operate the engine. Just be sure to get it to temp., recheck periodically and add only as necessary.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
when i replaced mine i didnt do anything special...used a harbor freight syphon pump to remove fluid, replaced tank and refilled. the show and performance tank is what i have too

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is the tank I got and it's all your fault HIMI2NV. LOL If yours didn't look so good I would have saved $160. No really thanks for showing it to us. I can't wait to put it on.

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
when i replaced mine i didnt do anything special...used a harbor freight syphon pump to remove fluid, replaced tank and refilled.
I did the same thing. I siphoned the water in the tank it into an empty 2 liter Pepsi bottle and reused the fluid. I bet I could do the install in less than 10 minutes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got a new coolant tank and was wondering if it will cause a problem if there's air in the system (between tank and whatever that hooks to) when you change it out? Is there a proceedure to use when replacing it to keep all air out or get it out afterwards?
Thanks
Rick
I am planning to conduct a coolant tank replacement this coming weekends. The same question runs to my mind about the tank. Do you now have any idea on what shall we do for this?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts