Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have a diagram for the cooling system on the 09 dodge challenger SRT8. I have a leak and ive been hearing a boiling noise in the overflow when I park it. Anything helps!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,273 Posts
We have access to the Chilton manual online

The flow is

Diagnosis on site pdf attached. Generally a pressure test is the normal method to find a leak. Good luck

A Guy

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
5,532 Posts
If you are not seeing signs of coolant on the floor or belly pan covers (or on the passenger side carpet) it could be head gasket leak which can be identified by pulling the plugs to see if any are squeaky clean. Although if it was a head gasket you would see appreciable amounts of steam from the exhaust even after the car has been warmed up. Most likely you have an air pocket somewhere or a stuck thermostat (although you should an overheat on the temp gauge if it were). I would put the car on ramps, drain the system, and then refill but making sure you have the allen plug removed from the water pump so air can purge while the system fills.

BTW don't mix the mopar OAT (150,000 mile) and HOAT (100,000 mile) coolant as it will create sludge...there is a TSB about this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts