Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So based on other member suggestions, I purchased and installed the Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 a little over 500 miles ago. At first they had a bit of road noise. Almost like knobby tires but that went away in a few days. I've driven them in heavy rain and dry days and so far I'm very happy with their performance. I can say that in wet conditions they are probably the best performance tires I've had. There's a few highway exit curves that I take which are very tight and going over 70 can be challenging on previous All-Season tires. I took one of those exit this past week well over what I should have been just to test the new tires and I can say that the car felt like it was on rails. I was very surprised how well they gripped the road and probably could have pushed it much faster. I can still break them away at hard launch but they recover much faster. Again, I'm very happy so far and will post again after 1k miles.

Shout-out to the boys at Discount Tires for taking great care installing, balancing and torquing the new tires. They also replaced all the valve stem cores and cleaned up most of the foam tape when they removed the existing weights! $95 out the door!

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
I had the previous version of the Cooper Zeon tires on my '11 Challenger R/T Classic and was very happy with them. Great on the highway. Great in the rain ..... and that's important in Florida.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I bought these Coopers about a month ago. The only thing I don't like about them is they flat spot when they sit overnight, but are fine after they warm up. Traction is very good with these tires and pretty sticky for All Seasons.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought these Coopers about a month ago. The only thing I don't like about them is they flat spot when they sit overnight, but are fine after they warm up. Traction is very good with these tires and pretty sticky for All Seasons.
I have only heard about this happening to cars in storage for extended time...

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have only heard about this happening to cars in storage for extended time...
The flat spotting is minor and goes away after a minute or two of driving. I don't know much about tires, but was told it does it due to the Nylon in these tires. It doesn't hurt anything, just a small vibration for a minute or two.

·
Super Moderator
13,338 Posts
So based on other member suggestions, I purchased and installed the Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 a little over 500 miles ago. At first they had a bit of road noise. Almost like knobby tires but that went away in a few days. I've driven them in heavy rain and dry days and so far I'm very happy with their performance. I can say that in wet conditions they are probably the best performance tires I've had. There's a few highway exit curves that I take which are very tight and going over 70 can be challenging on previous All-Season tires. I took one of those exit this past week well over what I should have been just to test the new tires and I can say that the car felt like it was on rails. I was very surprised how well they gripped the road and probably could have pushed it much faster. I can still break them away at hard launch but they recover much faster. Again, I'm very happy so far and will post again after 1k miles.

Shout-out to the boys at Discount Tires for taking great care installing, balancing and torquing the new tires. They also replaced all the valve stem cores and cleaned up most of the foam tape when they removed the existing weights! $95 out the door!
Glad you like them. I think that they are the best "bang for your buck" in high performance all-season tires.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Wonder how those "flat spots" would do when it's sub freezing? So tell us, what was the total price for those rascals at Discount Tire? What size did you get?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I ended up with 275/40/20. It was $850 on the spot, but I did get a rebate. Total cost was $780 balanced and mounted.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have had these on my car for over a year now and have been very happy with how they perform wet and dry.
The only issue I had at the time of purchase was that the 275 40 20 was the biggest I could get so if I wanted to go staggered it would be an issue. Since that time they released a 305 35 20 which is nice but I hope that they will release a 315 since that is what I truly want for staggered.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
F8Dragon
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing