Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fitted my Hurst Harddrive today from core shifters today, I've been looking for a shifter upgrade for while, and came across the Hurst harddrive on core shifters website. really pleased, its a top quality product and cores adapter is well made and fits really well on the stock shifter

i was unsure about the titanium finish on the handle and thought i would get it hydro dipped but its a really cool finish so plan on leaving it alone now.

great service from core even shipping to the uk, would highly recommend

i'll post some pics tomorrow if i get chance

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
couple of pics

drove it in anger this morning, feels really nice

pics below :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Holy crap that's short. I might've bought one if I knew it was that short. The images I've seen before were uninstalled and they looked as long as the Gunslinger CF one that I already have.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Holy crap that's short. I might've bought one if I knew it was that short. The images I've seen before were uninstalled and they looked as long as the Gunslinger CF one that I already have.
it was shorter than i was expecting but feels really good, i wanted a gunslinger but was unsure if i liked the tall look to it :)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
it was shorter than i was expecting but feels really good, i wanted a gunslinger but was unsure if i liked the tall look to it :)
I added an extra hole and cut mine down some. It's better but still quite tall.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I added an extra hole and cut mine down some. It's better but still quite tall.
hi jaelliott, is it the same shifter, none had just 2 holes and cut close, i'm thinking now i have the core shifter adapter i could use any hurst shifter, i wonder if any one else had tried it. ?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
hi jaelliott, is it the same shifter, none had just 2 holes and cut close, i'm thinking now i have the core shifter adapter i could use any hurst shifter, i wonder if any one else had tried it. ?
Maybe it had the third and I just cut the bottom off lol I can't remember. I took it off and gave it to my machinist friend thinking it need another hole drilled and the bottom cut off. If it happened more than five minutes ago the details are fuzzy. But it is in fact a carbon fiber pistol grip shifter.

That was it when I bought the car. It is now shorter. I'll try to remember to take a photo tomorrow. I just bought a shorter Hurst shift handle and plan on swapping them out soon. I swap back and forth. I like the Hurst white ball and the CF pistol grip so I run one for a while then swap.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Maybe it had the third and I just cut the bottom off lol I can't remember. I took it off and gave it to my machinist friend thinking it need another hole drilled and the bottom cut off. If it happened more than five minutes ago the details are fuzzy. But it is in fact a carbon fiber pistol grip shifter.

That was it when I bought the car. It is now shorter. I'll try to remember to take a photo tomorrow. I just bought a shorter Hurst shift handle and plan on swapping them out soon. I swap back and forth. I like the Hurst white ball and the CF pistol grip so I run one for a while then swap.
Maybe it's the angle, but that looks tall as hell lol

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
It was tall. That's why I cut it down. Made it much better in my opinion. Though it really wasn't that bad in it's original form either. I just installed the shorter hurst shift lever and man is it short. I think I'm going to like it. Time will tell. I've promised photos so I'll see if I can get some comparison photos up tomorrow between GS CF pistol, standard Hurst, and short Hurst.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts