Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my car back from a hail repair shop, and I was looking at some paperwork noticed something's odd about my car information. I recheck with my insurance, the VIN check up from the internet, and etc.. Realized it's a 2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack Shaker 392 with some extra options such as the leather seats, and etc which I don't have. It's supposed to be a 2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack 392.

It's a first time that the word, shaker and these extra options popped up since I bought my SP back in Feb 2017. I'm not sure why did it happen.

So, my main questions are.. How do I get the information fixed and corrected? Does it cost extra to insure a Shaker?

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Someone stole your shaker!

·
Registered
14,272 Posts
There's nothing in the VIN to denote a Scat Pack from a Scat Pack Shaker and I would think the rate would be the same as long as the vehicle value is shown as the same.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, after taking a few more looks. Seems like my insurance screws up with their information. Never mind. Guess I will give them a call tomorrow.

2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack 392

Dodge.com
KBB.com
AutoDNA.com
Carfax.com

2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack Shaker 392
My insurance :slap:

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's nothing in the VIN to denote a Scat Pack from a Scat Pack Shaker and I would think the rate would be the same as long as the vehicle value is shown as the same.

Interesting! Even if a Shaker is 5k more if you buy it?

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Standard Cab Short Bed pickup, but my title and registration say "Quad". It was a screw up by the original dealer that sold it to me. They sold almost all quad cabs, so they either assumed it was supposed to say that, or just accidentally typed it on the title application. In either case, it's not correct, but the DMV said it will probably cause more issues than it fixes if I try to get it fixed.

My 2015 SRT 392 Challenger is an automatic, but I've seen several websites list it as a six speed when the vin is entered. Lots of stuff is incorrect out there.

There's a good chance your insurance company selected the wrong choice on a drop-down box.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Standard Cab Short Bed pickup, but my title and registration say "Quad". It was a screw up by the original dealer that sold it to me. They sold almost all quad cabs, so they either assumed it was supposed to say that, or just accidentally typed it on the title application. In either case, it's not correct, but the DMV said it will probably cause more issues than it fixes if I try to get it fixed.

My 2015 SRT 392 Challenger is an automatic, but I've seen several websites list it as a six speed when the vin is entered. Lots of stuff is incorrect out there.

There's a good chance your insurance company selected the wrong choice on a drop-down box.
So, you just let it be?

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
So, you just let it be?
I live in Idaho. We do what we want out here, and don't let the man tell us what to do!

Yes, I've owned the truck since it was new, and it really doesn't make a difference. The VIN is correct, but the description isn't quite right. The VIN is the important part. If I tried to get that fixed, the title would probably end up being for a pink Mustake.

·
Registered
14,272 Posts
There's nothing in the VIN to denote transmission so don't get that one either.

Only two things in the VIN tell one Challenger from another and that's the 7th and 8th characters. The 7th is the style and will be an F for Scat Pack and 8th is the engine code and will be a J for the 392 and that's it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Copy and paste the link, this gets you the sticker from Dodge. Replace with your vin.
"https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=YOURVINHERE"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts