Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 Hellcat Challenger
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone that put a Corsa cat back extreme system on their 5.7 automatic tried changing the resonators to glass packs or something to increase the volume a little more and if so did it work?? Is their still no drone??

I really like mine but do wish it had about 20% more volume. Maybe I should just get my wife to drive by and let me hear it, may be louder outside the car than I think. Love the WOT and 1/2 WOT sound it's just when cruising or idling. Don't won't any drone so if that happens I'll stay where I'm at.

Thanks

·
Registered
625 Posts
Recently, someone here had done exactly what you're thinking about doing. He didn't like it, and put the reso's back on. All of the drone cancellation is accomplished in the reso's. I agree with you. I wish my extreme was a little louder at idle and lower rpms.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
2016 Hellcat Challenger
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the info.

That is exactly what I want to know for I DO NOT want drone so I will stay where I'm at.

Tncharger I have not put any where near 1,000 miles more like a couple of hundred and I think even with that it seems to be getting beefier so like you said give it 1,000. should be even better. Like I said not unhappy just a little more volume would have made it perfect for me.

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
2016 Hellcat Challenger
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just a side note I got some header paint and painted the resonators black where they where showing a little from the rear to make them less noticeable and it looks sooooo much better. Cleaned it up real nice and you hardly notice those things now.

·
Registered
442 Posts
stick with original pieces.....the key component is the resonator....I am on my second set of Corsa extremes and i have tried various combinations and Corsa is by far the best

1 - 6 of 6 Posts