Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the CORSA XTREME on my beast and she sounds great. Added extra HP, not sure how much but would guess somewhere around 15 or more. Get compliments on her sound all the time even from other Chally owners.
Before I got mine i researched and talked to several people, came down to CORSA or Magnaflow, went with CORSA and have been very pleased.
I would definetly recommend the CORSA.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I too installed the CORSA Xtreme and am very satisfied with the sound and fitment.The no drone system performs as expected,...not overbearing when just cruising the city streets but when you get on the pedal it screams with an aggressive,:cursin:, exhaust note.

I have included a video of the system on my car,...unfortunately there was to much snow to do a drive-by.Use headphones for an accurate listening experience.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Exhausting

I too installed the CORSA Xtreme and am very satisfied with the sound and fitment.The no drone system performs as expected,...not overbearing when just cruising the city streets but when you get on the pedal it screams with an aggressive,:cursin:, exhaust note.

I have included a video of the system on my car,...unfortunately there was to much snow to do a drive-by.Use headphones for an accurate listening experience.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
Tony will you be coming to the the 'meet & greet' in Toronto on the queensway May 28..I think right now they have over a hundred cars listed
Id like to hear this Corsa Exhaust of yours thinking of getting the same system,not the cheapest system thats for sure but the ole adage you get what you pay for..hope to see yah there should be a good time :thumbsup:

·
Registered
209 Posts
i too put a Corsa catback exhaust on my 2010 R/T. I have been increasingly dissatisfied with it. I am not here to crap on any maker, or any shop, but I have had problems with my exhaust.

I had it installed at DCX Depot. Driving out the door I was very happy. Sounded great and more HP.

After a few weeks I noticed a rattle in one muffler. Called DCX and they had a new one sent to me which I had installed at my Chrysler dealership. Exhaust pipe tip (aka entire muffler unit at the back) was the source of the rattle in the first replaced unit and afterwards it was fine. However, the other side started to 'twist' asw I drove the car to the point that the exhaust tip was actualy touching my rear facia. Also, between 2100 and 1900 rpms, my passenger side exhaust would 'rattle' every time I decelorated. I had the exhaust worked on at a local shop and when they put it up on the lift, water started pouring out of all of the connection points. The shop loosened up the clamps and adjusted the exhasut so it was not touching the facia, but it still 'rumbles' at certain idle points and still rattles between 2100 and 1900 rpms.

I want to be perfectly honest. If I had it to do again, I would not go Corsa. Yes it sounds great on a hard start. But the rest of the time it mostly sounds like poorly engineered crap.

Just my experience $1500 in.

bus

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
has anyone put the corsa sytem on their car? just trying to see how it worked out.
I have the "original" Corsa system Dodge installed on my 09 RT (in 2009). I love it - no drone, low rumble when driving normally but roars at WOT. Bout $1700 installed. No problems whatsoever. Nice bit of power increase (maybe 20 hp) and sounds great. Pricey but worth every dime. Here's a pic of the stock exhaust next to the Corsa (left side).

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
I had the 'Mopar/Corsa' installed on my auto. It's definitely not the extreme but just right for me - low (louder and deeper) on idle and cruising and loud on WOT.
I found the quality to be extremely nice on mine but I've only had it a few months. So far, I'd recommend it.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have had Corsa on both my '08 and my '10,and just put it on my wifes '11 Charger R/T. I have never had any problems, and never had any drone. You do need to re-torque them a couple of times after installation. I think the member who has had the problems has an installer/installation problem, and not a product problem.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I had the Corsa Xtreme installed on mine a couple months ago, horsepower suprisingly increased, the noise is just perfect(tame when cruising, demon bellowing when I get on it), and the average smile time while driving increased 60%!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Tony will you be coming to the the 'meet & greet' in Toronto on the queensway May 28..I think right now they have over a hundred cars listed
Id like to hear this Corsa Exhaust of yours thinking of getting the same system,not the cheapest system thats for sure but the ole adage you get what you pay for..hope to see yah there should be a good time :thumbsup:
blucheer,do you have anymore info on the meet,...website,directions,time?I will put it on my calender and if I'm free I can make the trip down the 401.I did post a video of the system on my car but there seems to be some glich at youtube as it is not loading,...odd,as I have posted the video on this forum in the past,...I will try again.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
i too put a Corsa catback exhaust on my 2010 R/T. I have been increasingly dissatisfied with it. I am not here to crap on any maker, or any shop, but I have had problems with my exhaust.

I had it installed at DCX Depot. Driving out the door I was very happy. Sounded great and more HP.

After a few weeks I noticed a rattle in one muffler. Called DCX and they had a new one sent to me which I had installed at my Chrysler dealership. Exhaust pipe tip (aka entire muffler unit at the back) was the source of the rattle in the first replaced unit and afterwards it was fine. However, the other side started to 'twist' asw I drove the car to the point that the exhaust tip was actualy touching my rear facia. Also, between 2100 and 1900 rpms, my passenger side exhaust would 'rattle' every time I decelorated. I had the exhaust worked on at a local shop and when they put it up on the lift, water started pouring out of all of the connection points. The shop loosened up the clamps and adjusted the exhasut so it was not touching the facia, but it still 'rumbles' at certain idle points and still rattles between 2100 and 1900 rpms.

I want to be perfectly honest. If I had it to do again, I would not go Corsa. Yes it sounds great on a hard start. But the rest of the time it mostly sounds like poorly engineered crap.

Just my experience $1500 in.

bus
Sounds like this may be an installer problem.Components of the system should not be shifting that often and to that extent.Any system may need to be re-tightened after installation due to expansion & contraction.I did have to do this with my K&N CAI after a week of being installed as the clamps did loosen up considerably.

Also,the rattling could be due to the tips missing a spot weld where they meet the tubing.I have seen this before and the solution to correct the problem was simple by just putting a small weld or two in that location.Sometimes the factory welders miss a spot or two.

·
Registered
526 Posts
blucheer,do you have anymore info on the meet,...website,directions,time?I will put it on my calender and if I'm free I can make the trip down the 401.I did post a video of the system on my car but there seems to be some glich at youtube as it is not loading,...odd,as I have posted the video on this forum in the past,...I will try again.
If you go to the forum section click on Canada under region you will see
"Great Meet &Greet in Toronto the date is May 28 2011 its for all lx lh and challengers to date were pushing close to 150 cars reg its shaping up to be a great event..we just have to pray for nice weather now
As a side note May 29 is the "Mopar Spring Fling 'in Streetsville at the Chrysler Parts Depot and all Mopars new and old are welcome :thumbsup:
Lots of classic mopars

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
If you have a 6 sp, get a CORSA Extreme.

If you have an auto, get the MOPAR/CORSA , which has the anti drone technology.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
has anyone put the corsa sytem on their car? just trying to see how it worked out.
type CORSA in the search bar at the top, alot more info and opinions and diy.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
I love my Corsa. I have an R/T but with the blower I upgraded it to the SRT8 version. both the original Corsa and they sound great. I left the R/T version, it's for a 6-speed, if anyone's interested. Pretty darn good deal...

HemiSam

1 - 19 of 19 Posts